PDA

View Full Version : Calendar: Standard vs BIS

Rand0lph
09-29-2010, 04:58 AM
Hi,

hope I'm in the right section of the forum.

I've got a problem understanding and handling the different calendars on my BB Pearl 3G 9105 (FW: 5.0.0.882).

The way I see it I have always a native (standard/default) calendar and when I configure an email account in my BIS-account I get a second calendar - I name it email-account-calendar. This email-account-calendar caused some problems by doubling entries and messing up my outlook when synching - so I deleted the cical service book for it.

I'm using the 3rd party calendar software "Calendar Pro" which uses the native BB calendar's database.

When I try to edit or delete an existing appointment within "Calendar Pro" - nothing happens. It's just not possible. Only adding appointments works fine. At the same time I can edit and delete appointments within the native BB calendar software.

After upgrading the BB's firmware automatically I got the cical service book for the email-account-calendar back and guess what: I can edit/delete existing appointments and add new ones no matter which program I use (Calendar Pro or the native software). But on the other hand: everything I edit/add in "Calendar Pro" gets not synchronised with Outlook.

So it must have something to do with the two different calendar databases. I set my email-account-calendar as "default calendar" so it should be the database that gets synced with outlook - but no chance!

I deleted again the cical service book for the email-address-calendar and now I'm back at the beginning: no way to edit/delete existing appointments within the 3rd party calendar software.

When I have two calendars I'm not able to chose which one to use for a new appointment. Even if the email-account-calendar is set as "default" (I can't chose another calendar because it is the only one showing in the list), outlook seems to sync the standard calendar database.

When I have just one calendar I'm not able to edit/delete appointments within a 3rd party calendar app (that uses the same database as BB's native calendar!).

Can anyone enlighten me how to deal with this strange behaviour? As I understand the device should deal with more than one calendar (e.g. business and private). When adding a new appointmet/task/note it should ask which calendar to use and depending on which calendar is set as default it gets synced with outlook. Or not?

Any help is really appreciated...

Cheers
Randolph

Dubdub
09-29-2010, 08:11 AM
Moved to the General section.