PDA

View Full Version : Swapping Service Providers

BillUp
10-16-2010, 12:11 PM
Hello, newbie to the forums and to Blackberry here, I'm Chris saying hello all. ;-)

I have a question if anyone can answer it for me? I have done a search and although I did find similar questions, they were not exactly what I needed.

I have an unlocked BB Storm 9500 and I have had it on Orange for about a week. The BIS has been registered with Orange but I now want to switch carriers to o2. The reason for this is a) the coverage is appalling where I live in Maidenhead and b) the customer service is equally terrible. I can get full coverage with o2 and have had no problem with their customer service (+ it does not cost me anything to speak to them).

My question is, when I switch to o2 (the blackberry plan has already been set up) will I have to de-register the BIS PIN with Orange before I switch to o2? Or will it register straight away without any deleting of accounts?

Thank you very much for any replies to this question!!

MidnightDraven
10-16-2010, 12:30 PM
You have to call Orange and ask them to DELETE the BIS ACCOUNT.
This will then de-register the PIN from Orange BIS and allow you to set it up on O2 BIS.

BillUp
10-16-2010, 01:10 PM
Thank you Draven for the speedy reply. I knew I should have waited until my o2 sim arrived lol. I know what Orange CS's are like, I was held in a cue for 58 minutes on my first ever call to them, they then went and charged me 50p for the privilege. It then took them 3 days to activate the BIS. I really don't like the plans they have either. Evening a weekend's for free minutes and texts is no good for me whatsoever. They don't give you a choice for anytime minutes and texts, I cant understand this?

Sorry, went off topic with a rant on my first post lol!! :smile:

BTW. The reviews for the 9500 I have read on the net have been average to say the least. I think it's an excellent bit of kit and I love it. I have had none of the problems described by other users? Best phone I have had. Very happy!!

I have just tempted fate there haven't I? :razz: