PDA

View Full Version : Email icon won't go away.

katieloran
10-17-2010, 12:42 PM
I've had my blackberry bold for less than a month and noticed that the yellow email icon won't go away.

For the past week, I have tried everything! Battery pull, looking through saved messages, deleted messages, pressing "u" when ALL of the emails are up. Nothing works.

I think I know what caused it though...

Previously, it had said 2 emails. This morning when I woke up, I had a missed call. Other than the pop up notification, I didn't have the usual email inbox notification. And then I noticed the 2 messages had gone up to 3 messages on the icon.

I've searched, but I can't find where my blackberry keeps the missed call notifications. Could someone please help?

MidnightDraven
10-17-2010, 12:55 PM
messages - menu - view folders - check every folder.

katieloran
10-17-2010, 12:57 PM
i dont have an option that says "view folders" all i have that is similar is "filter"

MidnightDraven
10-17-2010, 01:11 PM
from within the messages icon?

Dubdub
10-17-2010, 01:17 PM
Are you sure that you have read every message, text messages, BBMs, etc?

katieloran
10-17-2010, 01:30 PM
yes. i have read every thread on here about stuck message icons and i have deleted everything, marked everything read... etc.

I am also certain that it has to do with missed calls.

I have separate inboxes for SMS/MMS and emails. When i scroll over the email one, it doesn't say messages, but my email address.

i have unhidden all of the icons in the menu and looked in folders and cannot find the messages box.

MidnightDraven
10-17-2010, 01:48 PM
that'll be your problem then.
But it should be there, its not something that can delete itself.

Are you using a stock theme or a 3rd party theme?

Motorcycle Mama
10-17-2010, 02:35 PM
Saved Messages ?

thebluedotdotnet
10-17-2010, 07:40 PM
Try doing a hard reset on the phone. Be sure to back up all data you want saved because it will be erased.

stevetaz
10-17-2010, 08:26 PM
Try doing a hard reset on the phone. Be sure to back up all data you want saved because it will be erased.

Wasn't this covered with you in another thread? All data will not be lost by doing a Battery Pull, the equivalent of a reset.

Aerospace_Cadet
01-19-2011, 04:02 PM
I've seen this before... Let me guess... have you used your phone out of the country? Sometimes when it roams on a different network you can't clear a message from that roamed network from your home network... the icon always comes back. The only solution is easy... go and get a new SIM card.