PDA

View Full Version : Using the Tour with Global SIM card (Verizon phone)

elisherer
10-22-2010, 04:19 PM
OK, so please don't wail on me... I've tried searching the boards and there are so many subjects about Global or International SIM cards and the Tour that I can't seem to find all the answers, and recommendations, I need. So here goes:
1) I have a 9630 that VZW unlocked (so they say) so I can use a Global SIM card without having to pay their steep up-charge.
2) I understand, I think, that a Global SIM card can be had that will allow phone and text messaging, but that email (even POP email) and browsing the internet will require additional fees... and that Blackberry Messenger falls into those categories as well. [Or can browsing be had over the voice network? as I have had rumored to me?]
3) So what I am looking for is advice: I travel very infrequently out of the US, so I will want a SIM card that will not expire. Most of my travels are to Europe (Germany), though I have a trip to Canada coming up next month.

Can anyone provide input on the BEST Global SIM card for Blackberry that offers cheap phone calls AND allows email or at least browsing to retrieve email? One that doesn't expire and stays within the average of .40-69 cents per minute outbound and free inbound calls?

I really appreciate your learned input. I need to buy this card in the next week or so and don't want to make any large mistakes.

santana9223
10-22-2010, 06:59 PM
If you go to International Calling - Vodafone (http://internationalcalls.vodafone.co.uk/) you should find the sim card that is right for you. I hope this helps.

OK, so please don't wail on me... I've tried searching the boards and there are so many subjects about Global or International SIM cards and the Tour that I can't seem to find all the answers, and recommendations, I need. So here goes:
1) I have a 9630 that VZW unlocked (so they say) so I can use a Global SIM card without having to pay their steep up-charge.
2) I understand, I think, that a Global SIM card can be had that will allow phone and text messaging, but that email (even POP email) and browsing the internet will require additional fees... and that Blackberry Messenger falls into those categories as well. [Or can browsing be had over the voice network? as I have had rumored to me?]
3) So what I am looking for is advice: I travel very infrequently out of the US, so I will want a SIM card that will not expire. Most of my travels are to Europe (Germany), though I have a trip to Canada coming up next month.

Can anyone provide input on the BEST Global SIM card for Blackberry that offers cheap phone calls AND allows email or at least browsing to retrieve email? One that doesn't expire and stays within the average of .40-69 cents per minute outbound and free inbound calls?

I really appreciate your learned input. I need to buy this card in the next week or so and don't want to make any large mistakes.

elisherer
10-22-2010, 08:54 PM
If you go to International Calling - Vodafone (http://internationalcalls.vodafone.co.uk/) you should find the sim card that is right for you. I hope this helps.

Gaak.... help! What am I looking at here? I see the SIM only plans, but which one will help me with Germany, Canada and the data plans?

Sorry if I'm not getting it. It might be the cost conversions that are confusing matters too.