PDA

View Full Version : Issues with Media "Explore" function on Bold 9000 (running 5.0)

m_bianchi
10-27-2010, 10:33 AM
Hi,

I just recently upgraded from a Curve 8310 (running 4.5) to a Bold 9000 (running 5.0). I use my BB as an mp3 player and have noticed that playing music on my Bold is somewhat different from when I had my Curve, when I switch from application to application, and then back to my music that is playing.

First off - it seems as if the Media player is inaccurate in respect to the correct albums, artists, etc., even though all of my music on my media card is seperated by artist and then by album. For whatever reason, there are about 50 or so albums that are under "Unknown", so I use the "Explore" function under "Media -> Music" to access what albums I want to play.

However, when I switch applications (like going to the home screen), and then I go back to "Music", or even to "Explore", this immediately stops the music from playing and brings me back to square one. It seems as if the only way to get back to the song that is currently playing is to open up an application, do switch application, and then select "Explore".

My issue is - is there any easier way to switch back and forth between applications and then to later on access the currently playing song? When I had my Curve, all I had to do is go directly to Media (or even hit one of the Convenience keys), and bam, it brings up the song that is playing, regardless if I played it through "Explore" or the music player. Now when I bring up Media, Explore, or hit my Convenience key, it kills the music. I am wondering if I should figure out how to better sort the songs in the Media Player and just not use the explore function at all... At least if I have a song in Media player playing, and then go to "Music", it won't automatically stop the song...

Am I doing something wrong? Any advice would be appreciated! I thought I was a BB expert but maybe I'm not ;)

Thanks,

- Matt

m_bianchi
10-28-2010, 10:52 AM
Bump... any help Media experts?

Any ideas why some of my songs are in the "Unknown" category in Media Player - Music?

Thanks!

- Matt