PDA

View Full Version : Stop deleting past Outlook Calendar items

ericdahl
10-27-2010, 11:33 AM
I need help figuring out how to stop BlackBerry Desktop Software from prompting to delete past calendar items from Outlook.

I recently upgraded to BlackBerry Desktop Software Version 6.0.0.43, which I use to sync between Outlook 2003 on my computer and my BlackBerry 8330. Now each time I sync, BDS displays a message like this (see attachment):

Following changes from the Calendar Device will be applied to your Microsoft Outlook data in Calendar:

8 deletions

When I synced using BDS Version 6.0.0.43 for the first time, all my previous appointments were deleted from my Outlook Calendar. (I must not have been paying full attention. Ouch!)

On my BlackBerry, Calendar >Options > General Options > Keep Appointments is set to "Forever," and the calendar items that are listed for deletion on the BDS details panel are still displayed.

How can I stop BDS from prompting me to delete past Calendar items from Outlook?

tsac
10-27-2010, 09:29 PM
It does not look like you can stop the prompt on the new DT Manager. you will just have to pay attention.

ericdahl
10-28-2010, 05:03 PM
There has to be a way to stop the BDS sync process from deleting past Calendar items from Microsoft Outlook. I am sure many users want to preserve a record of their past appointments.

When I went to sync today, BDS listed four sets of changes -- 10 Deletions and 1 Addition to my Outlook Calendar, and 2 Additions and 2 Changes to my Device Calendar (see attached image). I want to sync all of these except the 10 Deletions to my Outlook Calendar.

The Accept and Reject buttons apply to all the items listed. I don't see a way to select some but not all the items. This means I am forced to delete past items from my Outlook Calendar if I want to keep the other items sync'd. That couldn't be the only opiton!

Any suggestions, anyone!

xwacx
11-04-2010, 01:01 PM
I had the same problem...I wiped out my BB with a complete clean...I also wiped out my calendar in outlook...with the reset BB I set the calendar to save events forever...I went back to a saved outlook pst and reload my old calendar, then resynched the BB. A lot of work to make up for a bug/glitch in the BB desktop software, hopefully the problem will not come up again. Nevertheless I will be a lot more observant to ensure if the BB desktop sw askes me to delete hundreds of events I will reject; fool me once same on BB...fool me twice shame on me.

Hopefully this helps.

ericdahl
11-12-2010, 02:09 PM
Following your suggestion, I wiped my BB. I had to call technical support to get my Host Routing Table and Service Book settings restored, but once my BB was working again I set the BB calendar to save events forever and then performed a sync with Outlook. (To my surprise, my email account settings on my BB were not deleted by the wipe.) I didn't wipe out my Outlook Calendar because the problem seemed to be on the BB side. The initial sync and subsequent syncs worked as intended. What a relief! Thanks for your help

Beernie
04-24-2011, 02:22 PM
This solution may only temporary.
I have had it happen to me a number of times now over the couple years I have used my BB. I do this solution which gets it working again, but it inevitably shows up again in a few months or so. Just happened again last week - wants to delete 1440 appointments.
You just have to be very diligent in checking but then you also loose all the recent entries when you wipe it out.
It's cost me a lot, and will be the reason I never buy another BB, once I get to the point of upgrading.

Motorwinter
10-26-2011, 01:39 PM
Hi.

I can't guarantee that this will work as Iv'e only done it just now, it should work. but who knows. 1/When BB desktop software opens select organizer from the LH column, 2/ Select configure settings. 3/ In(Select Device Application)Select Calendar - Microsoft outlook then Select setup. 4/ Select Microsoft outlook from within (Select a Desktop Application) then next. 5/ Keep two way sync then next again. 6/ Select the button (Transfer items within a range of days) I set mine for 3000 days before today and 3000 days after today, then next then finish. Now that should work (with the help of God and 3 policemen).