PDA

View Full Version : Silent Mode??

shibby080
10-28-2010, 02:40 AM
Hi All!! Just wanting some information...I am pretty new to Blackberry. I have the Blackberry 8520 o2 uk and i want a profile that everything is "silent" no vibrations no ring tones nothing. Is this possible as i have it on the quite profile at the moment and i have gone to ADVANCED then menu and changed everything to quite but the vibrations section i have to select 1 2 or 3???

Can anyone advise me on how to do this please????

Thank you all in advance!!!!!

Shibby

aiharkness
10-31-2010, 07:19 AM
If you are using an older OS version and you see separate "in holster" and "out of holster" settings, then you will see for each one the available settings of none, tone, vibrate, and vibrate + tone. For the quiet profile, both should be set to none.

tsac
10-31-2010, 09:54 AM
Also for quick changes you might try setting up one of the Convenience buttons to access the profiles.

shibby080
11-01-2010, 05:24 AM
Hi there,

Yeah i must be on an older OS version as it shows seperatly. I have tried doing this but no joy it still vibrates and when it is late at night is enough to wake me......If i update to a newer OS will this resolve the issue for me or not??

Many thanks.

aiharkness
11-01-2010, 07:49 AM
Do this:

Again, make sure "in holster" and "out of holster" are both set to "none" in the silent/quiet profile for all alerts (phone, email, messages, calendar ...).

Make sure your BlackBerry is set to the silent (or quiet) profile.

Test.

If it still vibrates, then do a hard reset: With the power on, remove the battery for at least 30 seconds.

Test again.
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile

shibby080
11-02-2010, 03:46 AM
Hi matey....

I have tried both of these but still don't work???! do you think i may need an OS update??

As i bought this 2nd hand. Is there a way of finding out what OS i am currently on??

Many thanks.

Shibby080

aiharkness
11-02-2010, 06:52 AM
Open device options > about, and look at about the third line down.

To find the lattest OS version released for your model, find the Latest OS thread for your model at the top of the forum for your series of BlackBerry.

I don't think that is going to make a difference, but it likely isn't going to hurt. Just follow the instructions exactly and take it slow and careful.
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile