PDA

View Full Version : Please help me!

Avelita
10-30-2010, 09:42 PM
Ok, I really hope this is in the right spot, but I really need help with my Blackberry. I woke up today and my phone would not work. I took the battery out and I see there is a little water inside. I was perplexed for about 5 minutes but then I realized the only thing it could be from was the water bottle next to it... so the phone turns on, and I can see that I have messages and missed calls but none of the buttons work. I took the sim card out and put it in my sister's old phone (same phone as mine) but it still had all her numbers and all her information and pictures etc. We tried calling my number and that worked. Does this mean that none of my info was saved on my sim card? Is there anyway that I can retrieve this data or is there anyone that can do this for me? (like at the phone store). The phone turns on. I need all these numbers gahhh

Dubdub
10-30-2010, 09:55 PM
By putting the battery back in, you probably damaged the device beyond repair.

Data is stored in device memory, not on the SIM card. If you do not have a back up of the data and you are unable to sync using DM, then you are out of luck.

As for trying to dry it out, read this: Got Your BlackBerry Wet? - BlackBerryFAQ (http://www.blackberryfaq.com/index.php/Got_Your_BlackBerry_Wet%3F)

pin2ping
10-31-2010, 06:54 AM
If I were you I would live your battery out and leave your phone on the side to dry for a good 24 hours, I dropped mine down the toilet and stuck it in the oven for abit, now it works ;)..... I dont suggest putting yours in the oven but leave it out to dry for a long period of time.

Good luck

Dubdub
10-31-2010, 07:24 AM
Read the FAQ article.

tsac
10-31-2010, 09:51 AM
If I were you I would live your battery out and leave your phone on the side to dry for a good 24 hours, I dropped mine down the toilet and stuck it in the oven for abit, now it works ;)..... I dont suggest putting yours in the oven but leave it out to dry for a long period of time.

Good luck

Bad move to put it in an oven. Read the suggestion from Dubdub on a wet BB.