PDA

View Full Version : Using Blackberry in USA with prepaid data, active BIS plan from Argentina?

Munchener
11-01-2010, 10:51 AM
Hi!

I have an active BIS plan from my country, Argentina. I am now in New York City. I am using my unlocked Blackberry 9700 with a prepaid SIM card from TMobile, on a plan that includes data. However, neither Blackberry mail, nor BBM is working, even though I have Internet access, and my BIS plan is active. I thought that having Internet accesss AND an active BIS account was all it took to Blackberry apps to work...

Does anybody knows a way to make this work in this configuration, or it just won't?

Thanks in advance for your time and wisdom!!!!

Ramiro

penguin3107
11-01-2010, 11:22 AM
Hi!

I have an active BIS plan from my country, Argentina. I am now in New York City. I am using my unlocked Blackberry 9700 with a prepaid SIM card from TMobile, on a plan that includes data. However, neither Blackberry mail, nor BBM is working, even though I have Internet access, and my BIS plan is active. I thought that having Internet accesss AND an active BIS account was all it took to Blackberry apps to work...

Does anybody knows a way to make this work in this configuration, or it just won't?

Thanks in advance for your time and wisdom!!!!

Ramiro

The prepaid SIM card would need a BIS plan provisioned on it... which it does not.
US carriers do not offer BlackBerry Data on a prepaid SIM.

If you have your Argentinian SIM card in the device and just use WiFi... you should be able to get BlackBerry Data via WiFi. Just turn off 'Mobile Network' in Manage Connections and enable WiFi to be sure that you're not using carrier data and incurring roaming fees.

Munchener
11-01-2010, 11:56 AM
The prepaid SIM card would need a BIS plan provisioned on it... which it does not.
US carriers do not offer BlackBerry Data on a prepaid SIM.

If you have your Argentinian SIM card in the device and just use WiFi... you should be able to get BlackBerry Data via WiFi. Just turn off 'Mobile Network' in Manage Connections and enable WiFi to be sure that you're not using carrier data and incurring roaming fees.

Thank you!!!!!!

Motorcycle Mama
11-01-2010, 04:50 PM
If you get an Even More Plus Plan in the US on TMobile, you can get pre-paid BlackBerry Data (I believe the plans start at $60).