PDA

View Full Version : Curve vs Bold

nan1109
11-02-2010, 02:48 PM
Hoping you guys can help me out. I'm finally ready to get my first BB. I've never had a smartphone before, and don't need anything too fancy. I'm going to get the $15.00 data plan; I want to be able to check my e-mail, Facebook, maybe a little web browsing, but I don't plan to be on it all day; I can't use it while at work in my preschool class anyway. I've narrowed it down to the Curve 9330 and the Bold 9650. I like the lighter weight of the Curve. I understand the Curve does not have a flash, but I really don't take too many pictures so I don't think it'll be a problem. Any recommendations and opinions would be greatly appreciated. Thanx so much!!!

knottyrope
11-02-2010, 02:57 PM
thats a tough choice since both do almost the same with exception of the camera is better on the Bold. 9330 does have media keys.

nan1109
11-02-2010, 03:28 PM
I don't mean to sound like I don't know anything(I don't!), but what are media keys and why would I want them? Thanx!

MidnightDraven
11-02-2010, 04:21 PM
keys to control media, i.e. music and video playing. i.e. play, stop, fast forward. those type of media keys.

JonCarter_curve8520
11-03-2010, 10:22 AM
the curve is good for media but the camera isnt too hot and if you have large wide fingers like myself the curve can take some getting used to unlike the bold with its larger keys.

Thiego-uk
11-05-2010, 12:14 PM
I love my 9700 (Bold). Check on Blackberry website, there you can compare them side by side and somehow choose from them what is more suitable for you. I think the main dif between them is that the bold have a bit more pixels on the screen. While Bold have the lock button on top the Curve have the midia buttons.

Edit: Ops, forgot the camera: Bold have 3MP while Curve 2MP.