PDA

View Full Version : Dreadfull standby/talk time with 9105 3G

blackberry&custard
11-02-2010, 03:28 PM
I have recently received my new Blackberry 9105 to replace my aging 8100.

Oh dear - what a calamity! :x What I was hoping for was an exciting update on my old 8100 but at present I'm thinking this is the worst mobile I have ever owned - even taking my 1990's house brick into consideration!

The connection does not appear to be a "standard" usb type connection, meaning I am returning to the bad old days of having to carry multiple chargers around with me on extended business trips. The 3-letter keying is awkward and the predictive wording is not a patch on the previous 2-letter qwerty-esque keypad and letter selection feature but I could forgive these for just one thing - decent standby and talk time.

On a full overnight charge I am lucky to get a single (business) day on standby let alone talk and e-mail time. I find myself hurrying people to finish on the phone and severely restrict my e-mailing/texting to the most important (usually the wife.... ;-)). And did I tell you about when I use bluetooth? It drains the battery quicker than my old Mazda RX-8 drained the petrol tank.... and I dispensed of that pretty darn quickly!!!

I read that I'm supposed to get 18 days standby and 5 hours of talk time.... roll on the floor and laugh..... I wouldn't mind a quarter of that!

In short - it's a useless piece of junk that sort of looks nice but I'm pining for my 8100 which in total contrast was simply the best.

Am I misfortunately in receipt of the proverbial "friday afternoon" phone - or has anybody else suffered the same trauma?

Please, someone help me get my life back together.....

MidnightDraven
11-02-2010, 04:24 PM
Actually its the new standard usb connection.

monk.teo
11-19-2010, 04:09 AM
@<hidden>&custard , scare me man! And I wanted to buy a 9105