PDA

View Full Version : blackberry about to lock me out!

pennypt
11-05-2010, 10:06 AM
hi! i am about to get locked out of my blackberry. after a laptop crash bought a new one and downloaded the bb manger where i proceeded to bu my bb - not only didnt my password work it jumped my phone to the last attempt to unlock or it will erase. everytime i enter the password which was numeric - the letters are displayed . i dont know if it is suppossed to be numeric or alphabetic. when i was entering the code on my laptop and getting refused i was entering the numbers. maybe i should have tried the letters that corresponded with my password?

what do you think?

if i remove my memory card will i save my pictures? if it crashes?

pls help me out!!!!

Dubdub
11-05-2010, 10:23 AM
Is your password all numbers? If so, you need to press the ALT key and then tye the letter/number.

pennypt
11-05-2010, 10:27 AM
thanks anyways!
it didn't work

Calebrity
11-05-2010, 10:44 AM
when you type in your password on your BB does it have numbers in it, if it does when you type it in on the BB do you hold alt then the number or just press the key
if you press the key then it is the letter that corresponds with the number.
best thing is to connect it to a computer option DTM and type it in there. with the same guide lines as above

Dubdub
11-05-2010, 10:59 AM
when you type in your password on your BB does it have numbers in it, if it does when you type it in on the BB do you hold alt then the number or just press the key
if you press the key then it is the letter that corresponds with the number.
best thing is to connect it to a computer option DTM and type it in there. with the same guide lines as above

Is there an echo someplace?

Calebrity
11-05-2010, 11:19 AM
an echo in essence but if the user wasn't pressing the Alt key while pushing the "numbers" when creating the password, some automatically assume it took the numbers so say my password was "1235" but never held the alt key when creating the password. from the BB i would always assume that it was "1235" but when the password lock comes and gives me my last attempt. and i have a keypad issue on my device where the keys pressed are not the input that i wanted. ( can't see because of the Astrix ) so when i plug it into my computer I still think the password is "1235" when in fact that it was actually "werd" as I never held the alt key when I first made the password for the device.

I was just describing a little bit better for pennypt as you didn't clear the variables. I was merely trying to cover everything from making the password on, sorry for the echo.

Al Majed
11-06-2010, 09:51 PM
Hi Dear

The best solution is to disable the password, and connect ur bb to ur laptop without getting into the hassle of entering the password which might not match due to some differences between laptop's keyboard and bb's keypad.

NJBlackBerry
11-06-2010, 10:25 PM
No. That is 100% incorrect. Many companies and government organizations require passwords. Not having a password on a BlackBerry is simply wrong. My kids have passwords on their BlackBerrys. It's not that hard. And do backups.

rambo47
11-07-2010, 05:49 PM
Hi Dear

The best solution is to disable the password, and connect ur bb to ur laptop without getting into the hassle of entering the password which might not match due to some differences between laptop's keyboard and bb's keypad.

You need the password in order to disable it. The OP has forgotten/mistyped his password.

tsac
11-07-2010, 06:02 PM
Hi Dear

Hi Dear??? is his wife responding???

Some companies will fire you if you remove the password from some devices.
Learn to use it. you will save yourself a lot of heartache if you lose the BB.

blackberry hype
12-02-2010, 06:09 AM
hi! i am about to get locked out of my blackberry. after a laptop crash bought a new one and downloaded the bb manger where i proceeded to bu my bb - not only didnt my password work it jumped my phone to the last attempt to unlock or it will erase. everytime i enter the password which was numeric - the letters are displayed . i dont know if it is suppossed to be numeric or alphabetic. when i was entering the code on my laptop and getting refused i was entering the numbers. maybe i should have tried the letters that corresponded with my password?

what do you think?

if i remove my memory card will i save my pictures? if it crashes?

pls help me out!!!!

Hi, was not sure where to post here I have a Blackberry bold 9700 I have a password that is not possible to forget it is my date of birth been using the password with no difficulties until last night I decided to transfer some pics from mobile to laptop and attached the usb and it went tits up. I was prompted for my password and it will not accept it on my ninth attempt now and after reading someof the other feedback I am worried I am going to lose everything. I have removed the sim from my phone and using another phone until I get some positive constructive advice. I came on here as I don't know what to do but what I am certain of is there are people with the same issue as me and they are not pressing the wrong keys and they have not forgotten their passwords.

Please any advice would be gratefully appreciated.

devnull
12-02-2010, 06:36 AM
Either you're not typing it correctly or the keyboard is messed up and not responding correctly. You wont lose "everything" if you do periodic backups.