PDA

View Full Version : How do I reload software? and unlock overseas?

gregvdm
01-16-2006, 09:25 AM
I have ended up with a 7100t recently, problem is it's completely screwed. To create a new sms requires me to go to the call records, open x number then click sms x number, when i try to compose an sms it comes up with uncaught exception: application registry. getorwaitfor .... owner died thread, likewise with address book, I guess a full software reflash would be good, how do I do that? also, I picked it up in overseas but it is still locked to t-mobile, how would I unlock it for free / cheap?

d_fisher
01-16-2006, 10:02 AM
Try a security wipe of your BlackBerry. Goto Tools > Settings > Security > Press Scroll wheel, Wipe Handheld. Follow the prompts. Dont forget to perform a backup if you want to save any information before you start the wipe.

There are a number of messages on how to unlock a BlackBerry. Please try using the search feature.

Doug

NJBlackBerry
01-16-2006, 10:03 AM
Hi and welcome to BlackBerry forums.

There is a sticky thread with all of the information on how to reload the operating system - in fact there are several threads. The "search" button should locate them quickly.

There are even more threads on unlocking. Where'd you pick it up, perhaps they can help you.