PDA

View Full Version : Replying from different email addresses

bcegi
01-16-2006, 01:56 PM
One of the main reason why I purchased the 8700C was that according to Blackberry's website, you could response to a personal email with your personal email address and business email with you business email address.. I am on Cingular's network if that helps.. I have looked all over and unable to find this.. Any help would be appreciated..

seattlebbuser
01-16-2006, 02:33 PM
When responding to an email, change the "Send Using" to your web client or Desktop client if using BES.

nb_mitch
01-16-2006, 02:57 PM
This is a feature of the new BIS, coming soon to your Cingular BB :) TMO has it now. According to Cingular it will be out this spring. From a post on the Cingular forums by Cingular, it will automatically reply based on the address it was sent to. So if you have 4 email addresses pushed to your BB, then each should reply correctly based on the original addy. I believe you can also change it on the fly, but not sure.

bcegi
01-16-2006, 03:48 PM
Thanks nb_mitch for your reply.. Hopefully Cingular gets on this.. They tend not to follow thru.. The PTT looks like it will roll out eventually over 5 years at the rate they are going.. Thanks again..

saldous
01-16-2006, 03:49 PM
I do this with my 8700C. I have work email using our BES and home email using BIS from Cingular. I just change the Send Using option to the one I want to use (e.g. Desktop or Web Mail).

roid
01-16-2006, 05:32 PM
BBReply.

It allows you to set your reply to address to whatever you want.

Stinsonddog
01-16-2006, 06:09 PM
http://www.blackberryforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=56

BBReply.

rel12561
01-16-2006, 09:48 PM
BBReply.

So does PocketDay.

roid
01-17-2006, 11:07 AM
So does PocketDay.

Yep, but BBReply is FREE.

14pups
01-17-2006, 01:40 PM
Still can't get that sucKer to work??

8700c on T-Mobile

HH v4.1.0.194
(Platform 2.0.0.90)

Desktop v 4.1.0.8

d-m-k
03-31-2006, 01:33 AM
Still can't get that sucKer to work??

8700c on T-Mobile

HH v4.1.0.194
(Platform 2.0.0.90)

Desktop v 4.1.0.8

I am having the same problem. Have you found a solution yet? Thanks.

Stinsonddog
03-31-2006, 03:21 AM
I am having the same problem. Have you found a solution yet? Thanks.

What's not working? If you have a reply to address set on your BIS that will control. Leave it blank. Is the program working on the handheld?

d-m-k
03-31-2006, 07:11 AM
What's not working? If you have a reply to address set on your BIS that will control. Leave it blank. Is the program working on the handheld?

That fixed it. Thanks! Once I removed the reply-to address from BIS/BWC and it updated the 8700c the reply-to address that I selected with BBreply "stuck."

FightingDevil
03-31-2006, 09:09 AM
That fixed it. Thanks! Once I removed the reply-to address from BIS/BWC and it updated the 8700c the reply-to address that I selected with BBreply "stuck."

I'm on the new BIS from T-Mo(USA) and can't leave the reply-to blank!! Every time I try to I get a pop-up saying "An error has occurred during e-mail account validation. Please check your information and try again."

Is anyone else having this issue? Should I call T-Mobile and see if they can do it for me? This was the make or break feature of me getting a BB and it's really becoming frustrating! Thanks!!

cooperpwc
03-31-2006, 10:35 AM
Interestingly, PocketDay's instructions suggest that you also must leave the BIS reply-to blank for their utility to work. However, I have my BIS set to reply to my Yahoo account (which works) and the PocketDay reply-to function is 100% effective in allowing me to set my reply-to to my work address.
I guess you get what you pay for (or something).

FightingDevil
03-31-2006, 11:48 AM
Interestingly, PocketDay's instructions suggest that you also must leave the BIS reply-to blank for their utility to work. However, I have my BIS set to reply to my Yahoo account (which works) and the PocketDay reply-to function is 100% effective in allowing me to set my reply-to to my work address.
I guess you get what you pay for (or something).

Reply to works fine for me as well, it's the 'FROM' address that is the issue for me. If you leave the REPLY-TO blank on the BIS, then the REPLY-TO you've chosen in PocketDay will populate it...and make it look like it came from that address. In your case, instead of seeing your yahoo address as the FROM address, your work address would show there.

The issue I'm having..and hoping that the peeps here can help...is that I can't seem to change my BIS REPLY-TO as blank.

cooperpwc
03-31-2006, 12:12 PM
I stand corrected. My reply-to in BIS is actually blank. It is therefore automatically set to my From address (i.e. my Yahoo account.)

However, note that when i use PocketDay to change my Reply-to to my work address, while the Reply-to works, the From address is still my Yahoo account. It would be nice if it worked as you suggested.

I have no idea why you cannot reset your BIS Reply-to to blank. That is a peculiar problem. If my experience is any indication, it might not help you to make that change anyway .

Stinsonddog
03-31-2006, 12:35 PM
My understanding is that neither Pocket Day or BBReply can change the from address. They only change the reply to address. I am not on TMobile but they have the new BIS that Cingular is supposed to have in April. That should provide full reconciliation and the from and reply to address should work correctly. Anyone from TMobile care to comment.

I stand corrected. My reply-to in BIS is actually blank. It is therefore automatically set to my From address (i.e. my Yahoo account.)

However, note that when i use PocketDay to change my Reply-to to my work address, while the Reply-to works, the From address is still my Yahoo account. It would be nice if it worked as you suggested.

I have no idea why you cannot reset your BIS Reply-to to blank. That is a peculiar problem. If my experience is any indication, it might not help you to make that change anyway .

tfaz1
03-31-2006, 12:40 PM
You are correct. I can change the reply from email address on my 8700c using T-Mo's network.

Stinsonddog
03-31-2006, 01:11 PM
You are correct. I can change the reply from email address on my 8700c using T-Mo's network.

Doesn't it also change the "from" address too?

FightingDevil
03-31-2006, 01:20 PM
But can you change it to be blank?

tfaz1
03-31-2006, 01:58 PM
Doesn't it also change the "from" address too?

Yes. Very useful, too.

tfaz1
03-31-2006, 01:59 PM
But can you change it to be blank?

Not sure what you mean. You want to reply using no address?

Stinsonddog
03-31-2006, 02:17 PM
The confusion here is this. To use bbReply the reply to address must be blank in the BIS. For the Tmobile BIS it doesn't matter since the emails and the reply to and from address have full reconciliation. This is why I want Cingular to hurry up now.

FightingDevil
03-31-2006, 02:40 PM
Correct...because BBReply and PocketDay will fill in that field for me (I believe). The issue (for me) is that the TMO BIS won't let me set it as a blank. I was hoping to see if another TMO user has been successful in setting up the BIS (for your tmo.blackberry.net account).

Thanks!