PDA

View Full Version : Verizon 7130e and MMS.

packetknife
01-16-2006, 01:58 PM
Has anybody sent/received a MMS on their Verizon 7130e? A friend tried to send me one but it doesn't come though. Just sends me to vzwpix.com to register and retreive. Is there some setting or service that has to be set for this to work? -Pk

packetknife
01-16-2006, 04:10 PM
Verizon is confusing me. One tech. told me the BB was MMS capable and another said it wasn't. Customer Service says the techs have to enable it since it's already included in my plan. BB techs tell me MMS doesn't work because it's not a camera phone. RIM says different. Etc.

Does anybody with a 7130e on Verizon have MMS working? -Pk

acgarcia
01-16-2006, 04:15 PM
Verizon is confusing me. One tech. told me the BB was MMS capable and another said it wasn't. Customer Service says the techs have to enable it since it's already included in my plan. BB techs tell me MMS doesn't work because it's not a camera phone. RIM says different. Etc.

Does anybody with a 7130e on Verizon have MMS working? -Pk

The phone has the capabilities of receiving and sending MMS but Verizon has taken this feature away. Probably something wrong with it.

packetknife
01-16-2006, 04:37 PM
The phone has the capabilities of receiving and sending MMS but Verizon has taken this feature away. Probably something wrong with it.

After another hour+ on the phone and conflicting answers as well as trying to sell me more services and "confident" it would work I was finally told that Verizon does not support MMS on ~any~ non-Camera device. Even though Verizon's own sent manuals with the phone says it does and the website reference does too. Oh well.

I give up, they've burnt enough of my time. -Pk

JROCK2004
01-16-2006, 11:06 PM
I have currently find VZW has blocked it for some reason none of us know. I am surprised they did nto myself. Thought they would keep and try to make money off it

rohardi
01-16-2006, 11:34 PM
I just got my 7130e for verizon, did anyone think that the instructions were lacking a lot of info? This is my first bb, or pda phone for that matter. I am on the road as a sales rep and I want to be able to check email and the web, but I have had problems linking my Yahoo account to my bb. any ideas where I can get more info on the phone and the instructions?

codyman
01-17-2006, 09:36 AM
You can still send and receive pictures via e-mail, though.

whsbuss
01-17-2006, 10:28 AM
You can still send and receive pictures via e-mail, though.

But you cannot send pictures/ringtones from the 7130 itself.

gdpmumin
02-01-2006, 04:20 PM
That's highly irritating! I had no qualms switching back to the BB (7130e) because everything I read said it could receive MMS. I don't need the camera function, but my wife likes to send me pictures of our kids from her Treo 700w.

packetknife
02-01-2006, 04:50 PM
That's highly irritating! I had no qualms switching back to the BB (7130e) because everything I read said it could receive MMS. I don't need the camera function, but my wife likes to send me pictures of our kids from her Treo 700w.

Verizon bumped me between SIX people when I first went down this road. At first they said it was an issue of enabling the feature but eventually after failed attempts somebody finally said that Verizon has chosen not to support MMS on any non-camera device. Period. And that if there was a change, they'd let customers know.

It is annoying. As MMS from remote workers, site managers, examiners, etc. is important for me to get too. -Pk

JROCK2004
02-01-2006, 11:18 PM
well all we can do is say we hope vzw enables it. I say we all right to someone of make a site that everyone can sign. Well i guess still nothign would happen

davesa
03-08-2006, 11:31 AM
my wife sent me a bunch of pictures in JPG format and i could not view them, i talked with vz and they said it is not allowed. why do we have a picture app then? is there away to put pics in the blackberry?
thanks

gdpmumin
03-08-2006, 11:49 AM
VZW removed the MMS capabilities of all phones that do not have cameras. You can still receive pictures via e-mail attachments. That's what my wife does when she snaps a shot of the kids with her Treo. She just e-mails them to me. Download the attachment, click the trackwheel and save the pictures.

my wife sent me a bunch of pictures in JPG format and i could not view them, i talked with vz and they said it is not allowed. why do we have a picture app then? is there away to put pics in the blackberry?
thanks

davesa
03-08-2006, 11:51 AM
how do you download the attachment?
thanks

gdpmumin
03-08-2006, 11:55 AM
Okay, my BB fried last week and its replacement won't get here until Friday, so I'm flying by memory here. Normally I can do it without thinking about it.

You should see something like this: [1 attachment]. Highlight that and click the trackwheel. You should see the option to Open Attachment. Then for each attachment, you'll see a tree view. The first entry is Table of Contents and the second entry is Full Contents. Click the Full Contents and click the trackwheel. There should be an option to Download Attachment. The picture will open and click the trackwheel again. You should see an option to Save Attachment.

Again, the wording of the options may be a little different from what I've described here, but it should be pretty close.

how do you download the attachment?
thanks

mezorn26
03-08-2006, 12:46 PM
VERIZON is notorious for crippling certain features on many of their phones. A great example is the motorola V710, which ended in a class action lawsuit that VZ lost. The claim was that the adveritsed a BLUETOOTH phone, well it was bluetooth, however they did not say that they crippled certain bluetooth features, such as File transfer, reason for that, they did not want someone simply beaming ringtones to their phone..They wanted the customers to PAY for it by using their crap...I had a V710, went through it all with them...

davesa
03-08-2006, 01:56 PM
sorry to beat a dead hrse but when i see a picture attachment it does not have a open attachment button to click on? do i need to download something

whsbuss
03-08-2006, 01:58 PM
sorry to beat a dead hrse but when i see a picture attachment it does not have a open attachment button to click on? do i need to download something

You should be able to click the trackwheel and do a Save.

davesa
03-08-2006, 02:18 PM
all i have is file, reply, fwd, reply to all, delete, etc no save and no open attachment

gdpmumin
03-08-2006, 02:26 PM
Hmm. Sorry I can't be of more help. Like I said, I know what to do kind of subconsciously but I have to have the BlackBerry in hand and I don't right now. If I did, I could be more specific.

all i have is file, reply, fwd, reply to all, delete, etc no save and no open attachment

whsbuss
03-08-2006, 04:39 PM

Sorry, its the File option.

ponzio fucetola
03-28-2006, 06:31 PM
I typed my username and password into vzwpix.com and logged in and am getting an infinite loading loop. It just keeps retrieving and refreshing. Over and over. Forever. It ignores any links I select.

It is beautiful.

gdpmumin
03-28-2006, 07:14 PM
Wirelessly posted (7130e VZW: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.0) BlackBerry7130e/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

Huh?

WozniakMac
03-28-2006, 08:16 PM
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry7130e/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/106)

As far as I know, you can't with the 7130e.