PDA

View Full Version : Full migration to new 8700

jonlevine
01-16-2006, 03:43 PM
I just received my replacement 8700 from RIM (replaced due to the dust issue) and I want to know if it is possible to fully migrate *everything* from the old 8700 to the new one. I did a full backup on the old one and restored it to the new one, but it didn't move my themes or applications over. Am I missing something or will it not move these items?

Stinsonddog
01-16-2006, 03:46 PM
OTA stuff like Google will have to be done again. Running the Application Loader from DM should put all applications installed from the desktop back. This is why I do it that when when I can in the first place. Good luck and hope it doesn't take too long.

I just received my replacement 8700 from RIM (replaced due to the dust issue) and I want to know if it is possible to fully migrate *everything* from the old 8700 to the new one. I did a full backup on the old one and restored it to the new one, but it didn't move my themes or applications over. Am I missing something or will it not move these items?

jonlevine
01-16-2006, 03:49 PM
Ahh, didn't even think of that. I load my themes from my home machine where I create them and I bet they are in the App loader there.

Thanks dog!

Bigmark173
01-16-2006, 06:48 PM
Are the newer versions of the 8700c working better than the original? I'm experiencing the dust problem, but now it's freezing up, not placing calls and a miriad of other issues. Is it worth going thru the Cingular XBM?