PDA

View Full Version : FB Places will not locate on BB

BBVamp
11-17-2010, 10:23 PM
I have a BB Bold 9650 and I recently uploaded the new version of Facebook with Places. However, Places keeps saying "Your location is temporarily not available", My GPS is on and this comes up no matter where I am.

Anybody experiencing the same problem or has a solution for it?

Thanks!

shansmi
11-18-2010, 04:01 AM
I have a BB Bold 9650 and I recently uploaded the new version of Facebook with Places. However, Places keeps saying "Your location is temporarily not available", My GPS is on and this comes up no matter where I am.

Anybody experiencing the same problem or has a solution for it?

Thanks!

I thought I read on CB Verizon blocked this somehow?

BBVamp
11-18-2010, 07:58 AM
Really? Because I had no problem with Foursquare locating me or Google Maps.

John Clark
11-18-2010, 01:47 PM
KB24962-How to enable and configure Places in Facebook for BlackBerry smartphones 1.9 (http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB24962)

jamesavila
11-29-2010, 01:09 AM
In the GPS options, do you have "location aiding" checked? Needs to be checked for FB Places.
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile

wiganlass
11-30-2010, 04:53 PM
Hiya, I can see a few threads made on facebook place so I wont make another one but all I want to know is, does it work on the BB curve 8520 and the BB bold 9700? 'cos neither my fella or me can get it to work!

Mines the curve and I'm on Virgin and he's is the Bold and he's on Orange!!!

Help us please, its doin our heads in, all we keep getting is 'your location is unavailable'?? we have been in the 'options' on BB facebook but the place where you tick to allow places is greyed out and wont let you tick it, also my main facebook profile is enabled too, but nothing is working?

ANYBODY PLEASE HELP....MUCH APPRECIATED!!