PDA

View Full Version : Text not appearing in "Text Messages"

jlow02
11-19-2010, 07:48 PM
Hi guys, I've got a problem with My BB torch 9800, my text messages have disappeared out of the blue, more hidden than disappeared, it shows the latest texts that i have (received 5 mins ago) but not my previous ones ie:history,

I looked into the sms inbox folder, and found that the txt messages are still there, but for some reason they are not appearing under "text messages"

Any Idea whats causing this?

tsac
11-19-2010, 07:52 PM
Are you saying they do not display on the screen? Are they in the messages folder?

tsac
11-19-2010, 07:59 PM
Check this.

Set how long your device stores messages
1. On the Home screen, click the Messages icon.
2. Press the key > Options > Message Display and Actions.
3. Change the Days To Keep Messages field.
4. Press the key > Save.

jlow02
11-19-2010, 10:07 PM
oh, sorry if I didn't make it clear enough. I'm referring to the "Text Message" folder, not "Messages"

Yeah they don't appear in "text message" I Initially thought they were gone, but when i went to
text messages---> view folder ------> sms inbox

I saw all my history and stuff, but they're not incorporated(not sure if i'm using the right word here) into my text messages, like.. if I receive a text from you, the phone would show it as if its your first time texting me without showing any previous history like before, where all we had to do was just scroll up etc.

Hope this makes it clear :oops:

tsac
11-20-2010, 12:37 PM
the only thing I can find is this from Rim. Did you try a battery pull to reset the BB? Also any Apps added prior to the problem?

Delete the history from a text message
Do one of the following:
• To delete an individual message from the history, highlight the message. Press the key > Delete Message.
• To delete all the messages from the history and keep the chat open, when you are replying to a message, press the key > Clear
Conversation.
• To delete all the messages from the history and close the chat, in your list of text messages, highlight a message. Press the key
> Delete.