PDA

View Full Version : Problem with signal on 8310

Uther13
11-20-2010, 04:37 AM
Hi everyone.
I'm having a problem with this phone...about 3 weeks ago it stopped to receive signal (it displayed "SOS" message only), so I bought a new antenna, thinking that it was the problem. Yesterday I put it on, but the problem it's still the same: for almost all time there's always sos message, then, for a few seconds, signal appears, even at full strength, and then suddenly sos comes again.
I've already updated it to .187, now I'm trying with .188, but I'm afraid it'll be almost the same...
Does anyone have any idea on how to fix it?

Uther13
11-20-2010, 05:22 AM
Just finished updating, same problem.

Dubdub
11-20-2010, 10:51 AM
Did you try a battery pull to see if that does anything?

Does it happen in just one location or everywhere?

Did you drop the device or get it wet?

Uther13
11-20-2010, 12:59 PM
No, I didn't try it...anyway, it happened everywhere...
It fell sometimes, but never something serious...i thought it was the antenna because, while removing the antenna cover to change the front panel, I noticed two small scratches on the circuit, due to putting on and taking off the cover...

Well, now the problem is solved...I tried to put in my 8310 the sim that I was using at the moment (on another phone, because obviously I couldn't stay 20 days without a phone), and it worked perfectly...I don't know why, maybe the sim I put before in the 8310 to test the new antenna was too old or deactivated, it can be the reason for the SOS message and no signal...

Now it seems to work properly, thank you for the help anyway (y)

Dubdub
11-20-2010, 01:08 PM
Glad you got it sorted. The SIM card would have been in my next set of suggestions.