PDA

View Full Version : email help

uscubb28
11-20-2010, 11:30 AM
im trying to add my business email it is outlook so when i go to setup i click other put in the info but than it says something is wrong some part of the info am i doing it wrong or can someone please help than you so much guys

thank you

tsac
11-20-2010, 11:34 AM
Welcome to the Forums,

Please give more details.
Are you trying to configure Outlook for email or adding your email account to the blackberry?

uscubb28
11-20-2010, 11:36 AM
sry... im trying to add the email to my blackberry but when i click other in the setup and than put in the domain email and password it doesnt work confused

tsac
11-20-2010, 11:39 AM
are you on a corporate BES server or is the blackberry on a carriers BIS service.?

uscubb28
11-20-2010, 11:40 AM
carriers bis service

SteveO86
11-20-2010, 11:43 AM
Are you able to access your business email from any computer or just your work computer in outlook?

uscubb28
11-20-2010, 11:45 AM
i can view it from any computer i just log into by business software and access my email

tsac
11-20-2010, 11:45 AM
Ok , first unless your email service is on the BIS account or the BIS server has access to the email system ( yahoo, Gmail etc) you may not be able to set up the business email account. You may be able to forward the business email to the account the carrier BIS service gives you and still receive all your emails. Usually the carrier assigns an email to each BB. Example
yourname@<hidden> or something similar.

Go to this site and read how to set up email.

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/microsites/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB04553&sliceId=1&docTypeID=DT_SUPPORTISSUE_1_1&dialogID=218518167&stateId=0%200%20952018418

uscubb28
11-20-2010, 11:51 AM
ok so when i get my sprint email how do i have my emails forwarded to this acct?

Dubdub
11-20-2010, 11:56 AM
I really don't recommend using the carrier email account for 3 main reasons.

1. If the address gets out and "harvested", you will get more SPAM than you wish to have - since there is no SPAM filter on it,

2. If and when you change carriers, that account goes away forever. It cannot be transferred to another carrier.

3. And finally, the only way to read email to that account is on the BB.

If you are comfortable with these issue, then by all means use it, but beware.

If you use Outlook on a PC to access your corporate email, then look at the account setup there and use those settings on the BB. that will be the place to start. Also, talk to your company IT staff and see if they can help, since they would be the ones to know the settings in the first place. You may even find out that it isn't allowed - doubtful, but it does happen.

tsac
11-20-2010, 12:01 PM
First I agree with Dubdub but if your going ahead this may help

If Sprint is the BIS service you must have a new email address on the BB. What you’re trying to do is forward your company email to it. The BIS service will in turn forward any email it receives to your BB. You need to insure you have the ability to receive email on an address you know. Check the email address on the BB. Once you know it send a test email to the bb from another account. This will insure your all setup properly with the BIS email service. Then if you do have access to the business email you can simply add an additional email to the BB following the instructions i gave you in another reply.

snhrph
11-20-2010, 12:30 PM
uscubb28, if you are using Outlook Web Access, follow the instruction sin the link below:

KB03133-How to integrate a Microsoft Outlook Web Access email address with a BlackBerry Internet Service account (http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB03133&sliceId=2&docTypeID=DT_SUPPORTISSUE_1_1&dialogID=20964176&stateId=1%200%2020960624)

It did it for me after I dropped the BES.

SteveO86
11-20-2010, 09:19 PM
What do you mean by business software? Some type of VPN or webpage?

See if your company has a BES Server, or if you are small shop and you have an IT person you call on occasion see if he can setup BESX for you it's free.

Setting up forwarding can be a security violation with some companies.