PDA

View Full Version : Desktop Manager 6.0.0

ndaniels
11-20-2010, 05:32 PM
I just downloaded desktop manager 6.0.0. It is giving me a case of heartburn. It tells me "Address Book (NOT INSTALLED)". It will not synchronize the address from outlook with the device. I have same problem with home computer and work computer.
Does anyone know how to fix this thing?
I spent an hour on the phone yesterday with Sprint tech support. I was told this is a known problem for RIM. Do you suppose a solution could be in the works?
Best wishes,
Nancy:cry:

John Clark
11-20-2010, 05:45 PM
When does it give this message? Is it saying your address book is not installed on the device?

Dubdub
11-20-2010, 05:57 PM
Is this the version you downloaded and did you get it from the RIM website?:

Software Name: Desktop Software v6.0 B47
File Name: 600_b047_multilanguage.exe
Download Size: 100.496 MB
Published Date: 09/09/2010

jamead1981
11-20-2010, 06:34 PM
I just downloaded desktop manager 6.0.0. It is giving me a case of heartburn. It tells me "Address Book (NOT INSTALLED)". It will not synchronize the address from outlook with the device. I have same problem with home computer and work computer.
Does anyone know how to fix this thing?
I spent an hour on the phone yesterday with Sprint tech support. I was told this is a known problem for RIM. Do you suppose a solution could be in the works?
Best wishes,
Nancy:cry:

What version of outlook are you running?
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile

tsac
11-21-2010, 07:26 PM
This is from RIM and aparently it is a know issue with some installs.

This is a previously known issue that has been escalated internally to our development teams.

Perform the following steps:

Back up the data on the BlackBerry smartphone. .
Delete all data and applications from the BlackBerry smartphone using the Wipe Handheld option. .
Restore the data to BlackBerry smartphone. .
Connect the BlackBerry smartphone to the computer and open the BlackBerry Desktop Software.
Address Book (not installed) will no longer be present.

dpnelson
12-02-2010, 02:23 PM
I have downloaded Desktop Software v6.0 B47 three times and when I try install it, get the message "600_047b_multilanguage.exe is not a valid Win32 application" and, of course, the installation halts. I had previously installed and used v4.6, then uninstalled it prior to the attempt with v6.0. I am running Vista with all SPs up to date.

aiharkness
12-02-2010, 03:08 PM
Take a look at Re: blackberry desktop manager download: "not vali... - BlackBerry Support Community Forums (http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Curve-BlackBerry-8300/blackberry-desktop-manager-download-quot-not-valid-win32/m-p/178319) and see if you answer is there. I'm wondering if it's just a bothched file download.
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile