PDA

View Full Version : Got a new BB, trouble with setting up email

jaygatsby
11-24-2010, 08:09 PM
Went from an old curve to the curve 3g. I totally forgot my email login info so I figured i'd make a new account on the sprint blackberry site. I tried to and it said the device was already registered on the network. Help? How would I go about getting my old login info back?

devnull
11-24-2010, 08:36 PM
Is your new device second hand?
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile

tsac
11-24-2010, 08:40 PM
Have you called Sprint? If you are a legitimate account holder they should be able to help reset the password.

jaygatsby
11-24-2010, 09:18 PM
It'
s a brand new device just purchased it earlier today. Ill call sprint tomorrow. Thanks.

Calebrity
11-24-2010, 09:25 PM
call them now or take it back to the dealer and get a new one, that shouldn't of been set up on the network yet.

tsac
11-25-2010, 07:05 PM
Calebrity, Not all who ask how to get into an account are the legitimate owners. As you continue to read posts you will become suspicious when some ask for details and simply calling the carrier should have been their first option.

Thanks for offering help, good replys.

jaygatsby
11-25-2010, 09:04 PM
I have had bad experiences in the past and that's why I asked you guys first. I just had to give the sprint people some personal info and they were able to reset the password for me.

tsac
11-26-2010, 12:43 PM
I have had bad experiences in the past and that's why I asked you guys first. I just had to give the sprint people some personal info and they were able to reset the password for me.

Glad you were able to resolve your problem. I did not mean to imply you were attempting to gain access to an account you did not own but as you will see in some posts the people who have been on the Forum for a long time have seen such attempts from either an old girlfriend or boyfriend to hack the account for reasons that are not legitimate. The first thing we do is suggest a call to the carrier. If they continue to ignore that suggestion then generally our suspicions are confirmed in most cases.
Anyway please continue to use the forum for any help you need and you will always find valid suggestions. As for the personnel stuff given to a rep, no one likes to give out too much personal stuff in today’s environment