PDA

View Full Version : Recommended Weather Web Site

stress-relief
11-30-2010, 08:15 PM
I need a recommendation on a weather internet site that is user friendly, easy to use and will give me the weather anywhere in the US. I've got a Blackberry 9360. Thanks

Dubdub
11-30-2010, 08:19 PM
weather.com

accuweather.com

weather.gov

aiharkness
11-30-2010, 08:28 PM
The weather underground mobile site is pretty good, too.

If you use Poynt, it can be pretty handy for weather also.

stress-relief
11-30-2010, 08:52 PM
I'm trying the Accu weather site and when I try to enter a zip code to get the weather I get an error message.

It says: Connection information
Duration: has a timer
Security Settings
Information unavailable.

It looks like a good weather site and I think I want to use it. Can anyone tell what I need to do? Thanks

aiharkness
11-30-2010, 09:02 PM
Is the blackberry on a BES, or is it possible it has an IT policy from having been on BES?...... That's the only thing I can even imagine.

stress-relief
11-30-2010, 09:12 PM
Is the blackberry on a BES, or is it possible it has an IT policy from having been on BES?...... That's the only thing I can even imagine.

Thanks for the response but I'm very new to the smart phone world. I don't know what BES or what an IT policy is or how I would know if it has those things.

Dubdub
11-30-2010, 09:16 PM
I assume that you have a BB data plan? BES is the corporate BB enterprise Server. BIS is personal use.

stress-relief
12-01-2010, 09:08 AM
I assume that you have a BB data plan? BES is the corporate BB enterprise Server. BIS is personal use.

I'm so new and ignorant with these smart phones, I don't know. I'll go to my local Verizon store where I bought the smart phone and try to find out.

I'm really impressed how the members of this forum so quickly respond and try and help us novices. Thanks

Dubdub
12-01-2010, 09:14 AM
That is why we are here.

aiharkness
12-01-2010, 09:15 AM
Dubdub's question was the better one. You probably do have a blackberry data plan if you are on Verizon, but that question needs to be answered.

If you are using the device personnally and using the consumer blackberry service from Verizon--that is the device is not connected to an employer's or a hosted exchange server--then you would be on BIS, not BES.

At any rate, it isn't uncommon to find an IT policy on a device that is acquired used. If you acquired the device brand new, then it won't have a policy on it.

stress-relief
12-01-2010, 10:44 AM
Dubdub's question was the better one. You probably do have a blackberry data plan if you are on Verizon, but that question needs to be answered.

If you are using the device personnally and using the consumer blackberry service from Verizon--that is the device is not connected to an employer's or a hosted exchange server--then you would be on BIS, not BES.

At any rate, it isn't uncommon to find an IT policy on a device that is acquired used. If you acquired the device brand new, then it won't have a policy on it.

I bought this BB brand new at my Verizon store. I upgraded my phone from the previous dumb phone and signed up for the e-mail and internet service.

aiharkness
12-01-2010, 10:52 AM
Don't know.

I just tried accuweather.com and it works fine.

I don't understand the message you got. I guess if it were me knowing what we know at this point, I would open the browser, select options from the menu, then select cache operations, and clear everything (cache, cookies, etc...) then exit out of the options. Then do a hard reset....With the power on, remove the battery for at least 30 seconds. Then try again.

stress-relief
12-02-2010, 04:02 PM
Well gentlemen, as I indicated I'm an absolute novice with these smart phones. Plus, we senior citizens aren't very adept with all this hi-tech stuff that many of you grew up using. I date back to party lines on the telephone.

My problem was, I wasn't properly using the alt button when trying to enter the data. I apologize for my lack of skill with this thing and thanks for the weather suggestions. I like accu weather.

aiharkness
12-02-2010, 04:26 PM
The internet disguises all of us. I'm old enough to remember party lines, though just barely.

Glad you figured it out.

Thanks for the update!