PDA

View Full Version : BES Handheld Password -

scratch8900
12-07-2010, 03:23 AM
Hope someone can help, our BES forces me to use a device password to unlock the phone, previously with the 8900 it was fairly easy to unlock the phone by using a sequence of buttons like 'qwert' however the new torch is a real pain in the ass to unlock - especially while driving...

i've tried some paid software that allow macros - but the sw only activates when device is unlocked...

Is there a way that i can hack the sec certificate to disable the device lock option... ?

penguin3107
12-07-2010, 06:28 AM
Is there a way that i can hack the sec certificate to disable the device lock option... ?

Nope.

scratch8900
12-07-2010, 07:50 AM
Nope.

well, that's unfortunate - maybe i should go back to 8900 then

CanuckBB
12-07-2010, 09:46 AM
Don't use the device while driving. End of problem.

hutchingsp
12-07-2010, 03:12 PM
If you mean so you can make calls, can you just enable the option to allow calls whilst the phone is locked?

knottyrope
12-07-2010, 04:47 PM
Hope someone can help, our BES forces me to use a device password to unlock the phone, previously with the 8900 it was fairly easy to unlock the phone by using a sequence of buttons like 'qwert' however the new torch is a real pain in the ass to unlock - especially while driving...

i've tried some paid software that allow macros - but the sw only activates when device is unlocked...

I can feel the keys while driving and enter in wcrw with no issue on the physical keypad. What do you have set for a time to lock? Mine is 30 min and I can make sure I hit a key to keep it unlocked since we done use the periodic challenge setting.

scratch8900
12-08-2010, 02:26 AM
the BES forces 3 minutes - and cant be changed (locked) also the keypad works ok - i guess, - but i would really liked to F#c!n disable it...

PsPaPa
12-08-2010, 05:26 AM
What is it you want to do ? Read mail or call or listen to voice mail

You might get your admin to allow calls when locked and use voice dialing ? If the BB is encrypted you might allso ask him to disable encrypting on your Addressbook.

Reading mail or internet stuff. just don't. your navigator tool perhaps ?

scratch8900
12-08-2010, 05:28 AM
need to check sms and mail, and also make calls -
receiving calls is not a problem, but if i need to make a call and try to punch in a 5 digit code - is a pain in the left bum

scratch8900
12-08-2010, 05:30 AM
aslo the other thing that pee me off is that i have really expensive satnav sw that can't be used, because the screen locks after 3 min - then i only hear the voice prompts and no visual maps - unless i punch in the unlock code....

knottyrope
12-08-2010, 01:49 PM
you are stuck with the IT policy your company gave you.

bring your concerns to upper management and see if they agree or knot

BesJr
12-08-2010, 02:12 PM
You should be able to go to Options/Security/encrption and our policy has a option you can change to allow outgoing calls while handheld lock, change to Yes and if you want to see contacts as well it may say YES, you have to change that to NO...hope that works. When saving changes you have to enter your BB password.

jamesavila
12-08-2010, 09:00 PM
I've noticed that some people (perhaps unintentionally) come off as being d*cks when replying to people's questions/concerns.

TargetIT
12-09-2010, 01:04 PM
I've noticed that some people (perhaps unintentionally) come off as being d*cks when replying to people's questions/concerns.I find it's the wording of the question in the first place ;-)