PDA

View Full Version : Custom Calendar

pedro_cesar
12-09-2010, 01:40 PM
Hello;

I want to know if there's a way to create your own calendar in the device... I googled it and all I found was email account-related topics but I do not wish to use it for any email.

I don't have a full BIS service (I do not have any email accounts registered with the device) and I want to use it to sync an application named miCoach. This app provides an iCalendar file, and the URL, that I want to sync with my BB on a calendar of it's own so that I can customize the alerts.

stapes
12-09-2010, 09:42 PM
There is no way to create a new calendar without activating an email on your device. Have you considered just creating a gmail or hotmail account for this purpose?

tsac
12-09-2010, 09:56 PM
Read this it may help.

http://www.blackberryforums.com/general-blackberry-discussion/17340-importing-icalendar-rfc2445-data-into-blackberry.html

pedro_cesar
12-12-2010, 11:59 PM
There is no way to create a new calendar without activating an email on your device. Have you considered just creating a gmail or hotmail account for this purpose?

The problem is that, as stated, the BIS I have with the Carrier will not allow me to setup an email account with the device since is not the full service (unless there is a way I'm unaware of). Whenever I try to setup an account I can apparently complete the process but the icon won't show in the home screen nor appear anywhere.

pedro_cesar
12-13-2010, 12:02 AM
Read this it may help.

http://www.blackberryforums.com/general-blackberry-discussion/17340-importing-icalendar-rfc2445-data-into-blackberry.html

I don't have an issue with importing the calendar since I have it synced with google calendar and I use google mobile sync. What I really need is a way to sync that calendar with a new Calendar on the device.

The thing about this new calendar is that it is a training schedule and so it has updates for every single day and I don't wan't to be reminded of any... I just want it in the calendar in case I wan't to consult the training I'm supposed to complete that day.