PDA

View Full Version : Accessing Comcast Mail on 8700

Stinsonddog
01-18-2006, 07:39 PM
Have any comcast users had an luck logging in with the 8700 to read their comcast mail?

hbomb341
01-18-2006, 08:27 PM
Wirelessly posted (Blackberry 8700C: BlackBerry8700/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

Comcast has a pop server so all you need to do is set it up on the bis.

Stinsonddog
01-18-2006, 09:23 PM
Ok that would be easy. I have avoided BIS until Cingular does the upgrade and I can control reply to addresses. No way to view using the browser I assume.

Wirelessly posted (Blackberry 8700C: BlackBerry8700/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

Comcast has a pop server so all you need to do is set it up on the bis.

lgreenberg
01-18-2006, 09:53 PM
Comcast users can check their e-mail from the Comcast web site www.comcast.net Have you tried using the web-mail option with the Blackberry browser?

Stinsonddog
01-18-2006, 10:11 PM
I am logged in for sure, but I keep getting redirected back to the login page. If I put in the wrong password, I get an error message in red, but if I put in everything correctly I still get redirected back to the log in page. Weird.

Comcast users can check their e-mail from the Comcast web site www.comcast.net Have you tried using the web-mail option with the Blackberry browser?

KonTiki
01-19-2006, 12:01 AM
I am logged in for sure, but I keep getting redirected back to the login page. If I put in the wrong password, I get an error message in red, but if I put in everything correctly I still get redirected back to the log in page. Weird.

Stinsinddog I understand you trying to view it this way, but unless I am missing a point here, and I apologize for being dense(still new to a lot of things here) you can just forward your comcast mail anyway. Now having said that I realize there has to be another reason because that is too easy a way of accomplishing what you want.

Stinsonddog
01-19-2006, 01:14 AM
Never really had a need for BWC especially if I can't change the return to address. So much of my personal mail has HTML that it didn't make sense. My work mail comes BES. Now with my tips site, I wanted that to come through so I guess the answer is that it's time to set up a BWC account, and then there are no issues. I have also had a Yahoo account for a long time and want to see what their next version is, but I am tempted to trash it all and just get Gmail. For now I was trying to keep it simpler. I just need to get it done I guess.

Stinsinddog I understand you trying to view it this way, but unless I am missing a point here, and I apologize for being dense(still new to a lot of things here) you can just forward your comcast mail anyway. Now having said that I realize there has to be another reason because that is too easy a way of accomplishing what you want.

lgreenberg
01-19-2006, 06:15 AM
Another option would be something like:

http://mail2web.com/wap/

Go there on your BB Browser.

Stinsonddog
01-19-2006, 08:57 AM
Just curious. Trying to judge how secure it is. I will get around to setting up the BIS shortly. Thanks to all who have helped.

Another option would be something like:

http://mail2web.com/wap/

Go there on your BB Browser.

rpfeffer
01-19-2006, 09:12 AM
I haven't had any problems with BWC forwarding for comcast...but then again, I don't really reply to my comcast mail from my BB that often, so I don't have the reply-to address issue.

lgreenberg
01-19-2006, 09:48 AM
Just curious. Trying to judge how secure it is. I will get around to setting up the BIS shortly. Thanks to all who have helped.

Here's their home page with all the information.

http://www.mail2web.com/

From their help page.....

Is it safe to use mail2web.com?

Answer:

mail2web.com does not compromise any corporate security policies. Our application was entirely architected with a corporate IT department in mind. Security is always considered highly important. This is the reason why Java and ActiveX were purposely avoided in the development of the application. If additional security is required, use the SSL version from the main page. Click here to learn how. mail2web.com is available in standard or 128-bit secure SSL. While using the SSL version, your email address, password, and email messages are entirely secure.

Your passwords and email messages are never permanently stored by mail2web.com. Your email addresses are retained if you choose to customize mail2web.com in order to make regular use of the application more convenient, but you are never added to any mailing list.

KonTiki
01-19-2006, 09:56 AM
Stinsonddog if you decide for the BIS, set up a gmail account I can send you an invitation if you pm your email to me, then forward everything to gmail from comcast to take advantage of the superb sman filters it has, if not you can then forward everything directly to your BIS from Comcast itself.

rpfeffer
01-19-2006, 10:19 AM
Stinsonddog if you decide for the BIS, set up a gmail account I can send you an invitation if you pm your email to me, then forward everything to gmail from comcast to take advantage of the superb sman filters it has, if not you can then forward everything directly to your BIS from Comcast itself.
I get a ton of spam in my comcast account...the gmail filters really help?

Stinsonddog
01-19-2006, 10:38 AM
I thought you didn't need an invite any more. Stinsonddog if you decide for the BIS, set up a gmail account I can send you an invitation if you pm your email to me, then forward everything to gmail from comcast to take advantage of the superb sman filters it has, if not you can then forward everything directly to your BIS from Comcast itself.

likefre
01-19-2006, 11:26 AM
I thought you didn't need an invite any more.
true

KonTiki
01-19-2006, 11:59 AM
I was not aware of not needing an invite so I apologize for being a bit out of tune. Its funny gmail works so well for me that I never ever go back to it, it is sent to my BB and that is that.