PDA

View Full Version : Email configuration!

anothercrackberryuser
12-16-2010, 02:45 PM
Hi everyone, I got my first blackberry and am having terrible difficulties configuring my primus email address. I have a blackberry curve 9300, and my incoming service is a pop account (pop.primus.ca). However, in the email settings advance options,it does not give the option to change it from IMAP to POP, which I find most wierd and believe it to be the cause of why I can't get my email to work.

Also I notice it doesn't give you the option to configure the outgoing STMP server. Very strange. And I'm not sure what to do. lol

Has anyone gotten a pop email service to work, other than hotmail, gmail, yahoo, and the regular generic stuff?

Dubdub
12-16-2010, 03:09 PM
I have 7 email accounts set up on my BB, none of which are the commercial/free ones. Try deleteing the account totally, exit BIS and then log back into BIS and set it up manually.

You do not need an outgoing server because wmail will eityher use your carrier's outgoing server or one from RIM.

anothercrackberryuser
12-17-2010, 12:13 PM
Thanks I did try that but it did not work. I even took it back to the carrier and they could not figure it out. I can not even get gmail accounts to work.

Motorcycle Mama
12-17-2010, 12:46 PM
Is your data working otherwise on the device?
Have you asked your carrier to check and make sure that your data plan is set up correctly for a BlackBerry?

On my BlackBerry, I have 2 Yahoo mail accounts, 2 GMail accounts, 3 Cox.net (POP3) accounts, and the @<hidden> account and my work email via OWA ... no problems.

Dubdub
12-17-2010, 02:15 PM
Do you have a BB data plan - not a generic one, but a Blackberry data plan?

anothercrackberryuser
12-17-2010, 05:40 PM
IT'S FIXED AT LAST. (y) What happened was the silly carrier put me on the wrong blackberry plan which did not include email. It's funny it took them two phone calls to figure that out. When they turned on the right plan, the emails I had configured worked instantaneously.

Thanks everyone for the help.

Dubdub
12-17-2010, 06:53 PM
Glad you got it fixed.