PDA

View Full Version : Will a normal orange pay monthly sim with email and internet work in a blackberry?

BenTomlinson5
12-18-2010, 04:10 PM
Hi, i have got a orange contract with a Sony Ericsson x10i and i have to keep it for another year but i am looking at buying a BlackBerry Torch 9800 and i would like to no if my sim card and all the BlackBerry features will work? On my orange contract i have email and internet! :) please help mee (y)

JSanders
12-18-2010, 04:27 PM
No, you must get the BlackBerry data add-on, a generic data plan will NOT work.

Sytner
12-18-2010, 07:08 PM
Orange do provide BlackBerry services, yet it is unlikely you will be able to change your data plan to a BlackBerry plan if your minimum contract term is not up yet.

Bear in mind that if you were that interested Orange allow BlackBerry services on PAYG.

MidnightDraven
12-19-2010, 03:57 AM
Call up Orange and ask for Blackverry Internet Services.
They will add it to your current plan, at 5 per month. If you have any internet Add-ons [not included in plan] Blackberry Service usually replaces it.

Sytner
12-19-2010, 09:45 AM
They will add the service, but in my experience they will not do it until a contract's minimum term is up.

rambo47
12-19-2010, 10:57 AM
Most carriers will allow lateral changes as long as you're not cutting services. Just substituting one data plan for another of equal value doesn't effect the carrier.

MidnightDraven
12-19-2010, 04:12 PM
And if its an add-on that isn't replacing services [in the UK it usually isn't] they'll allow it because they're getting more money a month from you.