PDA

View Full Version : New to blackberrys

Blackberry919
12-27-2010, 10:25 PM
Hi everyone (y)

Im new to blackberrys and got a 8520 yesterday, but i have a question.

I cant seem to connect to the internet (live in uk). Cant connect to wifi but ive heard people saying you need a data plan to connect to wifi or am i wrong ? I just want it to browse the internet, to download apps and games and stuff, can anyone help me out ? Dunno if theres a data plan on my phone or not but there was 20 on the sim card. Also is there like an android store like the ipod store or what ? Im on vodafone btw.

thanks and go easy on me as im new to this !

Dubdub
12-27-2010, 10:40 PM
Welcome to BBF!

You must have the BB data plan add on to do what you are asking about. Contact your carrier to add it.

The BB doesn't run Android OS so Android apps won't work. You need the BB data plan to access the BB App World.

Please update your profile to show Vodafone as your carrier.

Blackberry919
12-27-2010, 10:51 PM
Ok i just bought a 30 day web pack for 5, but i still cannot connect to the internet ? What could i be doing wrong

NJBlackBerry
12-27-2010, 11:01 PM
It has to be a specific BlackBerry plan. Not a web pack or plan.

Blackberry919
12-27-2010, 11:12 PM
Ah crap, what a waste of 5 . Do you know if i have to opt out of the web pack so they dont keep charging me ?

Is it the blackberry internet serive i need to get then ? According to vodafone website its free until june 2011

NJBlackBerry
12-27-2010, 11:14 PM
Contact Vodafone...

Dubdub
12-27-2010, 11:39 PM
You need the BB Internet service, a.k.a BB data plan.

mike71857
12-28-2010, 12:20 AM
Hi everyone (y)

Im new to blackberrys and got a 8520 yesterday, but i have a question.

I cant seem to connect to the internet (live in uk). Cant connect to wifi but ive heard people saying you need a data plan to connect to wifi or am i wrong ? I just want it to browse the internet, to download apps and games and stuff, can anyone help me out ? Dunno if theres a data plan on my phone or not but there was 20 on the sim card. Also is there like an android store like the ipod store or what ? Im on vodafone btw.

thanks and go easy on me as im new to this !
People on here are usually very helpful if you have a technical question.The main thing alot of people are sick and tired of is the bashing of Blackberries.If you don't like them then please buy something else and leave everyone here alone.
The other pet peeve is asking what phone they should buy with a rambling 10,000 word dissertation which makes it clear they've already decided on a phone and they make it seem as if the fate of the world hinges on their decision.Please!!
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile

daphne
12-28-2010, 12:26 AM
People on here are usually very helpful if you have a technical question.The main thing alot of people are sick and tired of is the bashing of Blackberries.If you don't like them then please buy something else and leave everyone here alone.
The other pet peeve is asking what phone they should buy with a rambling 10,000 word dissertation which makes it clear they've already decided on a phone and they make it seem as if the fate of the world hinges on their decision.Please!!
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile

I don't think your reply applies to the OP's questions.