PDA

View Full Version : BAS - invalid device XML data

Arkanian
12-28-2010, 05:40 PM
So I have started to see this on my prod BES 5.0 SP2 MR1 and my test BES 5.0 SP2 MR2 servers. I am seeing the following in the BAS log..has anyone seen this and is this an issue with RIM?

_retrieveExternalXML - invalid device XML data received from NOC com.rim.bes.bas.util.BASUnmarshalFailedException: Message: 'unmarshal marshalling exception, White spaces are required between publicId and systemId.{file: [not available]; line: 1; column: 50}', nested exception: 'White spaces are required between publicId and systemId.'

x14
12-29-2010, 09:47 AM
BES 5 is suppose to download the XML files from blackberry.com but it does not support the use of a proxy server.

If you have to use a HTTP proxy to browse the Internet then this is the issue

Arkanian
12-29-2010, 10:06 AM
BES 5 is suppose to download the XML files from blackberry.com but it does not support the use of a proxy server.

If you have to use a HTTP proxy to browse the Internet then this is the issue
We have been on BES 5 for a long time and in fact it downloaded the XMLs fine on 12/23 but it hasn't since then.

Arkanian
12-30-2010, 10:07 AM
Looks like our server team upgraded our domain to 2008 and potentially might have put a group policy on the server to setup proxy as proxy was indeed set on the test server. I turned it off and now I am just waiting to see if it fixes my issue.

Arkanian
12-30-2010, 11:06 AM
So I am still having the same issue with proxy turned off....I noticed in the log that it uses the SYSTEM account so the server admin is doing some checking for me to see if the proxy is set for SYSTEM. I should know today if that is causing the issue...might have to do a network sniff on it.

Arkanian
01-04-2011, 10:12 AM
After turning off proxy, I no longer get the xml error in the BAS log but the xml files still have a date of 12/23. However I am getting these types of errors. Not sure what the deal is.

(01/04 07:03:41:662):{EJB-Timer-45[target=jboss.j2ee:service=EJB3,jar=100basServerManagementServer.jar,name=TimerManagerBean]} [com.rim.bes.bas.BASExceptionStackInterceptor] [WARN] [BBAS-2007] {u=SystemUser, t=101978} Caught unhandled RuntimeException in org.jboss.ejb3.EJBContainerInvocation method gatherAndSendDBHealthMetricsLocal - null

(01/04 07:03:41:662):{EJB-Timer-45[target=jboss.j2ee:service=EJB3,jar=100basServerManagementServer.jar,name=TimerManagerBean]} [com.rim.bes.bas.timermanager.TimerManagerBean] [WARN] [BBAS-2042] {u=GuestUser, t=101975} _invokeExecuteMethod InvocationTargetException encountered when trying to execute the method: execute on the object: com.rim.bes.basplugin.monitoring.MonitoringManagerHealthMetricsHandlerTimerData looks like: <timerData><timerId>118</timerId><handlerClassName>com.rim.bes.basplugin.monitoring.MonitoringManagerHealthMetricsHandler</handlerClassName><nodeName>REMOVED</nodeName><isRecurring>true</isRecurring><recurrencePeriod>10800</recurrencePeriod><isSystemTimer>false</isSystemTimer><timerInitialStartDateTime><timerId>118</timerId><initialStartDateTime>2010-12-28T13:03:40.833-06:00</initialStartDateTime></timerInitialStartDateTime></timerData>. Exception is: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException