PDA

View Full Version : Problem With Activation

hoyasaxadpm
12-31-2010, 10:37 PM
So my old curve broke down completely and I am using a friend's pearl until my upgrade from Verizon comes in about a month. The only problem is when I go to activate, I dial *228, press 1 and then the phone disconnects and shuts off the radios. I have taken it in to Verizon stores and they tell me its a problem with the phone and I should get a new one. Any ideas on how to solve this? Thanks

Motorcycle Mama
01-01-2011, 08:12 AM
You need to give more information.

Is the phone a Verizon branded device?
Did you add it to your Verizon account successfully?
What OS version is on the device?
Did you add it successfully to your BIS?
What exactly is happening when "phone disconnects and shuts off the radios"?
Was it working fine for your friend before you got it?

Harrison Leggio
01-01-2011, 10:27 AM
What are you activating exactly? The phone itself or the sim card? I don't know if verizon has this, but tmobile allows you to call their customer service from an alternate phone and have them activate it for you.
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile

Motorcycle Mama
01-01-2011, 12:29 PM
Please stop guessing at answers. It just confuses people. Verizon does not use SIM cards.

hoyasaxadpm
01-01-2011, 12:40 PM
The phone is a verizon brand phone.
It was working for my friend when he used it last, but that was a month or two ago.
There is no SIM card in Verizon phones.
It has been successfully added to my account and the ESN number has been registered
When it makes the call to activate, after about 5 seconds, it disconnects the call, the screen says "programming unsuccessful" and the signal in the upper right hand corner goes from two or three bars to "off," meaning the radio is off.
The OS on the phone is 4.5.

Thanks

Motorcycle Mama
01-01-2011, 02:28 PM
Are you in a good Verizon coverage area (ie not roaming on another carrier)?
Have you added the device PIN to your BIS?
Have you tried calling Verizon Customer Service for activation?

hoyasaxadpm
01-01-2011, 06:59 PM
i have tried it in multiple service areas, as well as at multiple verizon stores with customer service reps. maybe its a problem with the phone and not the service?

penguin3107
01-01-2011, 07:33 PM
maybe its a problem with the phone and not the service?

Sure seems like it.

tsac
01-01-2011, 07:59 PM
Please stop guessing at answers. It just confuses people. Verizon does not use SIM cards.

Thank You!!