PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone tried these headphone/microphone splitters?

och
01-01-2011, 04:17 PM
I bought one of these

iPhone 1/8 inch microphone and headphone adapter - 3.5mm 4 conductor TRRS Male to 3.5mm TRS Jacks (http://www.kvconnection.com/product-p/km-iphone-2trs.htm)

Tried it both with my Blackberry 9640 and my wifes Iphone 4, and neither works. The audio works fine, but the mic doesn't, I can head people but people can't hear me.

Can it be some sort of a voltage problem? Could blackberry/iphone mic line not carry enough juice to power up external PC mic?

tsac
01-01-2011, 06:51 PM
The adapter you show is just that an adapter. The Iphone mic impedance requirement is 800 ohms and the blackberry mic impedance is 2.2k. Both require different mic types. I would suggest the adapter is doing its job but the devices are mismatched.
do you know the impedance of the mic your using?

och
01-01-2011, 10:13 PM
The adapter you show is just that an adapter. The Iphone mic impedance requirement is 800 ohms and the blackberry mic impedance is 2.2k. Both require different mic types. I would suggest the adapter is doing its job but the devices are mismatched.
do you know the impedance of the mic your using?

Good information - no idea on the mic impendance. Its just a regular, cheap mic that I use for skype on the PC.

tsac
01-02-2011, 08:32 PM
I dont think the mic your using is compatable with either. your stuck with two diffferent requirements and I would look for mic's that will work specifically for the device intended.