PDA

View Full Version : Problems with Apps

coriordan
01-04-2011, 08:49 AM
Hi,

Recently, none of my apps have been sending me any reminders.

I have Facebook and eBay which I usually rely on to pop up with updates in 'Messages' folder, as I don't like to have these windows open on my work computer.

FB usually vibrates like a text or BBM would, but now doesn't even send to my BB, and eBay used to arrive like an email (no sound, just red LED) but with a different icon to an email, but now neither send any notification whatsoever
Is there any chance I have inadvertently told them to stop sending updates?

thanks

coriordan
01-04-2011, 08:59 AM
I've gone back to the FB app on my BB and made sure that it the box marked 'facebook notifications' is checked as well...cant think what else it could be.

djm2
01-04-2011, 09:51 AM
Have you tried the old reliable stand-by of removing the battery while the BB is powered on, waiting 30 seconds, and then re-inserting the battery?

coriordan
01-04-2011, 11:01 AM
Yep! Just tried the age old trick of the battery pull, with no luck. I've changed my notifications thing so that I at least get emails now, but it does kind of defeat the point of having the app....I'll remove it and reinstall and see what happens.

Any other ideas anyone?
Cheers

coriordan
01-04-2011, 12:04 PM
I just reinstalled it, and it said it was not receiving 'Push applications' or 'Push notificiations or something' (annoyingly I clicked OK before letting it sink in.

Any thoughts on how to change this, as it would make sense if this was the problem...although emails are still coming in fine....