PDA

View Full Version : BES Express 5.0.2 policies

SmoothRunnings
01-05-2011, 09:11 AM
I have both my BIS and BES accounts setup on my device however I can't email from my BIS account only my BES. I understand there is a setting in the policies of BES that you need to enable, does anyone know what this is?

Thanks
Andrew

penguin3107
01-05-2011, 09:18 AM
You'd need to set 'Allow Other Message Services' to Yes/True.
It's in the Service Exclusivity Policy group in BES... not sure if or where it exists on BES Express.

SmoothRunnings
01-05-2011, 09:03 PM
You'd need to set 'Allow Other Message Services' to Yes/True.
It's in the Service Exclusivity Policy group in BES... not sure if or where it exists on BES Express.

So why don't you tell me were this policy lies in BES 5.0.2 so I have some idea were to look? Looking at BES and BES Express they are pretty much the same layout when it comes to their menus...

Thanks
A.

penguin3107
01-05-2011, 09:10 PM
So why don't you tell me were this policy lies in BES 5.0.2 so I have some idea were to look?

I did tell you. It's in the Service Exclusivity policy group.

SmoothRunnings
01-05-2011, 09:22 PM
I did tell you. It's in the Service Exclusivity policy group.

Looks like I am going to have to download and install BES 5.0 server, does anyone know if you can run it on SBS 2008?

A.

penguin3107
01-05-2011, 09:31 PM
BES shouldn't be installed on the same server as Exchange, so SBS will be a no-go. (BES Express can, but not full BES)

SmoothRunnings
01-05-2011, 09:53 PM
BES shouldn't be installed on the same server as Exchange, so SBS will be a no-go. (BES Express can, but not full BES)

You used "shouldn't" not "can't" :)

penguin3107
01-05-2011, 09:58 PM
Well, I have seen it work, once. After hearing the headaches involved with getting it work... I wondered why those people even bothered. In the end, you'll have an unsupported environment which *might* work. If you do have problems, RIM won't help you and there's probably not many forum-type people who will either. Too much risk for very litte reward.

I would strongly advise against even bothering.

knottyrope
01-06-2011, 03:56 PM
Well, I have seen it work, once. After hearing the headaches involved with getting it work... I wondered why those people even bothered. In the end, you'll have an unsupported environment which *might* work. If you do have problems, RIM won't help you and there's probably not many forum-type people who will either. Too much risk for very litte reward.

I would strongly advise against even bothering.
(y)