PDA

View Full Version : Syncing with Google Calender and Contacts

wavery
01-09-2011, 11:15 AM
I'm brand new to BlackBerry, so pardon the newbie question. I'm using Googe's calender and contacts for my BB, and according to my BB Desktop, they're supposed be syncing wirelessly but I don't see any syncing going on; I don't see changes I make on the desktop being applied to the BB. Is syncing supposed to occur automatically, or is it something I need to force?

I see there is a Google app to do this as well (with mixed reviews), but I'd like to start at the ground level so to speak to make sure I'm not missing something before I jump to an app.

Thanks for any help!

tsac
01-09-2011, 11:23 AM
ARe you on a corporate BES service or using a carriers service( BIS)

wavery
01-09-2011, 11:27 AM
ARe you on a corporate BES service or using a carriers service( BIS)

I believe a carrier's service. It's not working off any corporate server if that's what you mean.

tsac
01-09-2011, 11:38 AM
Welcome to the forums

The blackberry will not automatically sync to your contacts and calendar without some form of service. The corporate service sends and receives updates for various meetings and contacts added via the users pc. Generally the companies use Microsoft Outlook or some other email application such as Lotus Notes. If you want to use your BB to do contact sync you have a couple of options. One is to subscribe to a commercial service offering hosted BES service or use a free application like Google sync. You can set up a Google account for this purpose. I attached a link on how to do this.

KB19270-How to enable Google Contact Synchronization (http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/microsites/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB19270&sliceId=1&docTypeID=DT_SUPPORTISSUE_1_1&dialogID=1053469538&stateId=0%200%201053467547)