PDA

View Full Version : Help! BESExpress Consuming Disk Space

Vulcanbay
01-10-2011, 11:11 AM
Hi there,

I'm new to BESExpress 5.0, and am having an issue with the amount of space it is beginning to consume (currently just over 46GB).

I can see by running SpaceSniffer, that the BES logs alone take up over 14GB.

Is there anything that I can do to truncate these logs and/or other directories within the Research In Motion folders?

Attached is a screen dump of the SpaceSniffer output.

Server is Windows SBS2003, 80GB System drive (with BES using 46GB!)

Many thanks,
Andy

knottyrope
01-10-2011, 11:17 AM
service pack 2 is supposed to help, also there is some logging levels that can be turned down.

most of the temp files can be safely deleted.
The BES logs can be zipped to reclaim space. I like to keep them for a long time.

BB-Tech support
01-10-2011, 03:39 PM
Hi there,

I'm new to BESExpress 5.0, and am having an issue with the amount of space it is beginning to consume (currently just over 46GB).

I can see by running SpaceSniffer, that the BES logs alone take up over 14GB.

Is there anything that I can do to truncate these logs and/or other directories within the Research In Motion folders?

Attached is a screen dump of the SpaceSniffer output.

Server is Windows SBS2003, 80GB System drive (with BES using 46GB!)

Many thanks,
Andy

Logs maintenance
How to configure a maximum number of days for BlackBerry Enterprise Server debug log files
KB10345-How to configure a maximum number of days for BlackBerry Enterprise Server debug log files (http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB10345)

Vulcanbay
01-11-2011, 05:30 AM
Logs maintenance
How to configure a maximum number of days for BlackBerry Enterprise Server debug log files
KB10345-How to configure a maximum number of days for BlackBerry Enterprise Server debug log files (http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB10345)

Many thanks for both of your replies :smile:

I have downloaded BESXpress 5.0 SP2, which will be installed today. Hopefully then I can change the maximum number of days the logs are retained, as I see that this option was greyed out and unavailable within SP1.