PDA

View Full Version : Does GPRS service work with Blackberry phones?

mayhem.rules
01-13-2011, 09:49 AM
Hi,

I recently purchased a Blackberry Pearl 3G 9100. Earlier I owned a Nokia 6230i phone and had GPRS activated on my Airtel prepaid no. Now I use the same Airtel prepaid card in my Blackberry. However, the GPRS does not work on the BB. I have reactivated the GPRS service on my card. But it does not work.

I have contacted Airtel BB phone support. They say the GPRS wont work on my BB and that I would have to activate BIS on my Airtel prepaid card. I do not want to activate the BIS on my card as it is quite expensive and also I do not need to use all the services that are provided through BIS.

To verify the GPRS functionality, I have tried using a BPL Loop mobile card with GPRS activated in my Blackberry phone. Guess what...it works fantastically !!! and all the BB support guys still have to say is that GPRS will not work on the BB...Go for BIS...

Can you please guide me what the issue could be and how and where can I get it resolved.

Thanks...

Regards,

Mayur

NJBlackBerry
01-13-2011, 10:06 AM
And the answer is.... Go for BIS.

BlackBerrys are different. They are no Nokias. If you want to use a BlackBerry, you should get the data plan. Otherwise it is extremely limited.

mayhem.rules
01-13-2011, 10:10 AM
Sir, it is hard 2 believe that you are giving the same answer as the Airtel BB phone support guys. Maybe you have not completely read my message. as I have mentioned that I have tried using a BPL Loop mobile card with GPRS activated in my Blackberry phone and it works perfectly well. I can browse the internet without any issue. Then why would Airtel GPRS not work on my BB. Thats the question...Thanks.

Regards,

Mayur

NJBlackBerry
01-13-2011, 10:43 AM
Good luck sir.

mayhem.rules
01-13-2011, 11:02 AM
Thanks