PDA

View Full Version : 9700 flashes white screen when trying to turn on

rmurray
01-15-2011, 06:50 AM
I've had my blackberry for just over a year, and had no huge problems with it. i had problems with the battery power draining insanely quickly but it fixed itself somehow. now it won't turn on. the screen comes on with the loading bar, which only gets a third of the way completed before a white screen quickly flashes and it starts trying to reboot all over again. it just keeps going in this cycle and the only way i can get it to stop is to pop the battery.
i've just left the battery out over night in case that helped at all but it just keeps crashing at the same bit on the loading bar.

i've read elsewhere this could be problems with themes, or bad chargers etc, but i've never downloaded any themes, and my charger has never caused problems before.
the reason i restarted it was that i tried to send a text and it wouldn't let me, with some little error message popping up. and since restarting it after this it hasn't worked.

any help would be much appreciated!

tsac
01-15-2011, 12:52 PM
One of the applications on the BB is corrupted. You can try a battery pull while powered and see if it resets the OS . If that fails you may have to reload the OS using DM.

read here

How do I upgrade the OS on my BlackBerry? - BlackBerryFAQ (http://www.blackberryfaq.com/index.php/How_do_I_upgrade_the_OS_on_my_BlackBerry%3F)

Busola
06-06-2011, 03:48 AM
i"ve been using my blackberry for almost a year and now it won't turn on.its showing a white screen and my fear is just that i dont have to replace the screen cos av tried a battery pull-out several times and it just refuses to come up yet i still receive calls and pings.