PDA

View Full Version : Youtube videos

Pow
01-15-2011, 04:19 PM
For some reason i cant play youtube videos, it comes up with 'an error has occurred attempting to play media' anyone know whats up?

aiharkness
01-15-2011, 04:40 PM
Have you ever been able to play them?

Are you using m.youtube.com?

Do you have a BlackBerry data plam?
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile

Pow
01-15-2011, 04:49 PM
Just tried them now.

yes i am using the mobile version of youtube

and yes i have a blackberry data plan

aiharkness
01-15-2011, 05:07 PM
Check you browser options. I pretty much have everything enabled. If you any settings off/disabled, try enabling and see if it makes a difference.

Go ahead and clear cache and cookies.

See if that does it. If not, then try a hard reset (with power one, remove the battery for at least 30 seconds).

And of course try some other videos to make sure it isn't just the one video that is a problem.

araskin
01-15-2011, 06:39 PM
I'm having the same problem. Have you tried it over wi-fi? 3G? Or do you get the error regardless? What OS are you running?

Pow
01-15-2011, 07:39 PM
Not tried it over wifi only 3G. I'm running OS6 lol i think that could be the problem

araskin
01-15-2011, 08:59 PM
It was working for me on OS6 so not sure about that. Are you on BES or BIS?

Pow
01-16-2011, 07:02 AM
Tried hard resetting. not sorted it

I'm on BIS

aiharkness
01-16-2011, 08:56 AM
I don't know. If you've set the browser properly, cleared cache and cookies, and done a proper hard rest, it should work. But there have been members with issues playing video from m.youtube.com and can't seem to solve. Do a search if you haven't, and see if you can find anyone with problem like yours and solved it. Post an update if you figure it out.

araskin
01-16-2011, 09:35 AM
Have you checked your APN settings? Because YouTube uses WAP config you may want to log into your providers support page and re-send your service books.

aiharkness
01-16-2011, 09:45 AM
Have you checked your APN settings? Because YouTube uses WAP config you may want to log into your providers support page and re-send your service books.

For YouTube - Broadcast Yourself. (http://m.youtube.com/) on the native BlackBerry browser?

Pow
01-17-2011, 09:39 AM
Been through search most of threads were not replied to or not solved really so not much of a help.

However I have tried it with WiFi and it works for some reason. So why doesnt it work with the mobile network?

blackberry9300
01-17-2011, 11:01 AM
Try to set up your APN settings if you don't know the settings... contact your carrier and they will provide them or you can even google it i am sure you will find it... i had similar internet problems with updating my programs since i upgraded to OS 6... when i did set up my APN settings the problems are gone

aiharkness
01-17-2011, 11:50 AM
Shouldn't matter on carrier apn when using native browser. With third-party app, possibly. But OP is using browser, and thus BlackBerry/RIM apn.

No clue why it works on wifi but not on mobile network. I think I've seen that complaint, too. If you are on EDGE, it should still work, though with a lot of buffering. On 3G you likely won't see any buffering, but the quality of the video image will not be as sharp as on wifi. That's been my experience anyway.

It may be time to try one of the apps. I believe there is a free youtube player in app world. I don't have any experience with them. If you try one, seen if you need to configure the apn in TCP/IP options (though it may already be configured).

Pow
01-17-2011, 03:54 PM
Atleast it works with wifi so thats all good i'll try sorting the settings if thats the problem and i'll try some apps as well.

parth100
01-28-2011, 03:16 AM
Ive got some ideas to stop that error

go to m.youtube.com
click on start optimization on the bottom of the page

you have to click yes when you see the gray heart and also when you see the puppy
click no when the flash lite video fails
click on "click here" when pressing "5" key does squat
click "yes", i think the test video will fail but somehow click "yes" anyway
and finally click "no" - h.263 does not work

try doing this i think your videos will play

Pow
01-28-2011, 09:42 AM
There is no start optimization at the bottom of the page?