PDA

View Full Version : 7100i and Jabra BT800 Problems

DrinkGuinness
01-20-2006, 02:35 PM
Hey all,
Here is what I am having problems with. I cannot place a call from the Jabra, but can receive and answer calls. I called BB CS and they had no answers for me.

myownminerva
01-20-2006, 03:54 PM
as far as i know, you can't place a call from the headset. sorry.

DrinkGuinness
01-20-2006, 04:01 PM
as far as i know, you can't place a call from the headset. sorry.

Actually, the BT800 has a screen on it. It displays phone #'s, like caller id and I can accept/decline calls from the earpiece. When I had my 7520, it worked fine.

myownminerva
01-20-2006, 04:06 PM
nice. i hadn't seen that headset. much better than others i have heard about.

quackberry
01-20-2006, 05:40 PM
I also use the Jabra BT headset, and you are supposed to be able to make calls from it, but I stopped doing anything with it besides just turning on/off as it is such a pain. I make/take my calls from the handset, fiddling with the BT's lever sucks.

Nsupporter
01-20-2006, 06:28 PM
Actually, the BT800 has a screen on it. It displays phone #'s, like caller id and I can accept/decline calls from the earpiece. When I had my 7520, it worked fine.

ok so the head set has caller ID on it but you stick it in your ear so where is the screen? is it where everyone can see who you're talking to? hmm iunno if I'd want that if so...

Azeke
01-21-2006, 02:02 AM
I originally had problems with my Jabra BT800, however there is an upgrade for it on the Jabra site which may resolve your issues, it certainly helped mine.

Peace and blessings,

Azeke

Soapm
01-21-2006, 02:23 AM
ok so the head set has caller ID on it but you stick it in your ear so where is the screen? is it where everyone can see who you're talking to? hmm iunno if I'd want that if so...

This was funny, I'm picturing people walking by saying, tell frank hi, or he's talking to his mom. :)

DrinkGuinness
01-21-2006, 12:17 PM
http://www.hellodirect.com/catalog/Product.jhtml;$sessionid$GWBQO4DXTPSSWZEXAICSFEQ?CATID=2043&PRODID=10005 (http://) Here is what the BT800 looks like.

addaea
01-23-2006, 08:18 AM

from what I recall the screen is on the "cheek/jaw" side of the unit when its in your ear so passers-by can't see the screen.

europamo
01-23-2006, 09:12 AM
Yes it is on the inside part of the device and it is a monster looking thing

here is the link to the site and the software upgrade:

Software (http://www.jabra.ru/JabraCMS/EM/EN/MainMenu/Products/WirelessHeadsets/JabraBT800/JabraBT800)

If you have a small head, dont use this device, it is heavy and makes my freind look like a cyborg.

randychnr
02-02-2006, 01:58 AM
i have the bt 800 and you can make calls from it but only the numbers tha are in the call log the the bt800. i've done it and there is another upgrade coming out for it which will let you use both vibrate and ringtone at the sametime on your headset.

RSouthern
02-02-2006, 01:15 PM
I got the BT800 over a year ago, before they admitted it was incompatible with the BB (7100 and 7290 in my case). So I shelved it and sent in several requests for support to Jabbra, of which I received 2 replies, one said they weren't compatible and the other appologized for the delay in getting back to me and said they would have an update out later (no time specified). Overall, Jabber as a cunsumer oriented company has very poor customer support. They are probably understaffed. I think they also have a miserable or non-existant test organization. The problems that the headset has had should have been caught in alpha, or beta, not 1 years after GA release!

I recently upgraded my headset to the latest BT800 code and it has helped quite a bit, but be aware that there are still some critical problems with the headset and all Bluetooth BBs (4.0). For example, I have been able to try dialing from the headset using the number from received calls in the call log, but when I do this, the headset sends the wrong number to dial and I always get an international dial attempt... I think the headset is sending +1(xxx)xxx-xxxx and the BB is also adding the +1 to the number since the dialed number doesn't start with the phone's area code. I don't know how to stop this from the phone, so the dialing from headset function is useless.

I'm happy to report that mute mostly works from the headset now, although headset makers need to recognize that they need a repeating audible tone to indicate mute is active if you stay on mute for a long time. This is not something specific to Jabbra, just a general observation. To active mute onthe BT800 you need to press and hold the round center button on the outside of the headset until you hear the beep. This may take several seconds.

Call end and call answer work much better now if the keypad on the BB is locked (they worked fine before if the keypad was unlocked). It used to take 3-4 presses to end a call. Now it takes 1 press and a few seconds. It's not very responsive to key presses, so you may be tempted to press several times thinking it didn't work the 1st, but you just need to wait.

I don't find the LCD screen very helpful for identifying caller ID since the numbers are too small to read if you take a call while driving, and the display is too easily washed out in bright light since the blue LCD display isn't very high contrast and LCD board/display is recessed far from the the plastic cover.

Otherwise the BT800 works ok, but I wouldn't buy one again, and would avoid Jabbra in general based on my support experience.

Nsupporter
02-02-2006, 03:19 PM
ok well it all sounds good and everything...but what kind of bluetooth software does it use? or better what VERSION does it use?