PDA

View Full Version : blank screen while dialling a number instead of calling screen

obi1
01-20-2011, 03:50 AM
i was wondering if anyone of you experienced this stuff.
few days ago, after using my bb in normal condition all morning, suddenly i was getting a blank screen while dialing a phone number.usually it would show up the phone icon, dialed number, your number, volume, signal strenght, all these on a blue screen, but now, i was getting black screen, however, i was able to make the call without no problem.so i've tried to use quick pull, no results, and i took out the battery for 5-10 min, after that it came back to normal.Since that day i try to figure out what happened.
a .OS bug?or what?have anyone exper:idea:ienced this?

Howard S.
01-20-2011, 11:51 AM
Sounds like it might have been just an anomaly. What OS are you using?

obi1
01-20-2011, 01:03 PM
well i am using the last .OS5 ...1014 something...but i guess as you it was just an anomaly.but i was always proud that my bb never had a problem.until that one.however, never happened again after that.thanks anyway

aiharkness
01-20-2011, 01:19 PM
I've had black screen with a number of seconds of unresponsiveness. Which is different from your case in that your device appears to have been responsive. In a way, that would make me more worried about it.

Hopefully you'll never see it again. If you do, and the device is under warranty, it would be wise to rule out software, then think about an exchange if it is a hardware issue.