PDA

View Full Version : Blackberry 7290 Fickle signal

akgiri2005
01-22-2011, 11:48 AM
I have an Blackberry 7290 wireless handheld. Recently I am observing that the sinal is very much inconsistent. In a moment the signal is full bar and in few moments the complete bar disapears. The software version is v4.1.o.292 working on plateform 1.8.0.144.
Can some one advise me, if it is a hardware related issue or software related issue. . .

Dubdub
01-22-2011, 12:09 PM
Are you in an area with a suspect signal? Do similar devices on the same carrier have a similar problem?

Have you tried a battery pull to see if that will fix it? From o ur FAQ:

The 1st Step is to pull the battery out of the device and leave it out for about 30 seconds. This will clear the internal memory and will solve many, many issues.

1. Leave the BB powered ON.

2. Pull the battery

3. Leave it out for 30 seconds

4. Replace battery and let device boot

5. See if the problem has been resolved, if it has not, then investigate these FAQ's further

akgiri2005
01-28-2011, 10:23 AM
Dear Dubdub, I tried battery pull as suggested by you. Tried to find something helpful on FAQ, but it didn't helped. The problem apears even in strong signal areas where the SIM works with other phone. Thanks for your response.

Dubdub
01-28-2011, 10:33 AM
Could be just a wornout device. Those have been around for quite a while. Not sure that any one supports them any more.