PDA

View Full Version : Advice on upgrading...

Sheryl1102
01-23-2011, 06:19 PM
I have a Curve 8530 that I can't wait to get rid of. My carrier is Verizon.

My choices for upgrades right now are the Curve 9330, or the Bold 9650. Since battery issues are my biggest complaint w/ the Curve, if i decide to upgrade right now I'd obviously pick the Bold 9650 because it has the bigger battery.

1st Question.. Does anyone have any ideas as to why my current phone only gets about 6 hours of standby time? everything is closed, no programs are running, wifi and bluetooth are off, and i even tried a different battery..

2nd Question.. I really wanted to wait until the new Bold w/ OS 6 and the 5mp camera comes out, but who knows how long it will take for Verizon to have that. Does anyone have any information on when Verizon will get the new Bold?

3rd Question.. If i decide not to wait and go and upgrade now to the Bold 9650, is it going to be able to be updated to OS6?

Dubdub
01-23-2011, 06:52 PM
1. The only way to ensure nothing is running when you aren't using the device is to turn it off. Smartphones, and the 8530 is one, tend to have much less battery life than regular cell phones as there is much more going on with the phone. Are you perhaps in a fringe zone and your device is constantly searching for a signal? I would not expect much different battery life with a new device.

2. Did you read through the Rumors section? What new Bold are you referring to? There are several threads with rumored devices, but nothing confirmed from RIM or the carriers

3. As for OS 6 on the 9650, thee is an OS 6 version out now for that device, but not an official one from Verizon. Can't say how well it runs though.

Heavy Fluid
01-23-2011, 06:53 PM
I personally would go with the 9650, better camera, better screen, overall, better phone, in my opinion.

1. Your BB currently should get more than 6 hours of standby time. There is something wrong with it.

2. Not sure.

3. 9650 can be upgraded to 6.0.