PDA

View Full Version : 9780 Search is not what it should be

theduskes
01-24-2011, 06:20 PM
I have noticed that when i search for something in my email using the top search bar on the home screen...half the time I cannot find it...simply because the term I was looking for was not in the senders name nor Subject line..
Therefore..the "search" option at the top of the home screen is useless to most heavy users who require finding emails quickly.
I am now forced to go to the search within the email inbox and run a query from there...
How stupid is that???
and BTW...the "advanced search" option on the home screen search bar..is enabled...

stevew
01-25-2011, 07:35 AM
Check carefully to see if it's using the whole search criteria, or only the 1st letter...I had that issue more than once and had to reload the OS a few times.

theduskes
01-25-2011, 08:21 AM
Check carefully to see if it's using the whole search criteria, or only the 1st letter...I had that issue more than once and had to reload the OS a few times.

To be honest....if that's the case.....this is the factory OS....I dont want to fool around with it...I hope when a new OS comes out...it will be fixed.

stevew
01-25-2011, 08:58 AM
You should check, and if that's the case...you can simply reload the OS. Also, there was a leaked beta OS 6.0.0.448, which made its way to the web yesterday. I loaded it last night after a javawipe -- it seems to work well. I can't tell you if it will eventually exhibit the same issue or not, as my previous OS's have done it sometimes weeks after a fresh install. There have been others who have reported this issue, but again, I'm not sure if its what you are experiencing either, as you haven't confirmed it one way or the other. Good luck.

joginder
01-28-2011, 10:38 AM
I agree with you here, I use the Global search but most of my listings are not coming from documents, memos, tasks etc. Well, I will have to live with it because its the BB.