PDA

View Full Version : Gmail & Labels

thos
01-25-2011, 05:09 AM
Folks,
I have a Curve 8900 for work with BES, and recently added my Gmail account with the Enhanced Plug In.

I use labels to keep my Gmail inbox clean, but the problem is that all mail (regardless of label) is delivered to my main 'Messages' inbox, whereas the Gmail account via it's own icon correctly displays my Inbox as it would through my web browser without the labels (the way I want it).

I've tried setting up filters on my phone, but it doesnt seem to work.

Any suggestions as to how I can tidy this up?

Thanks,
Tom

penguin3107
01-25-2011, 06:22 AM
What version OS is on your 8900?
If you have a recent version of OS 5, you can segregate message out of the Messages box by going into the 'Inbox Settings' in your Message Options.
This feature isn't in all versions of OS 5.

Sierras
01-28-2011, 05:34 PM
Folks,
I have a Curve 8900 for work with BES, and recently added my Gmail account with the Enhanced Plug In.

I use labels to keep my Gmail inbox clean, but the problem is that all mail (regardless of label) is delivered to my main 'Messages' inbox, whereas the Gmail account via it's own icon correctly displays my Inbox as it would through my web browser without the labels (the way I want it).

I've tried setting up filters on my phone, but it doesnt seem to work.

Any suggestions as to how I can tidy this up?

Thanks,
Tom

What works for me is that I went into the main message box, clicked on Options, Inbox Management and then deselected the gmail mail account. This way the messages just go to the individual gmail icon. But I have version 6 with BIS so I don't know if it will work for you.

Good luck

thos
01-29-2011, 07:17 AM
What version OS is on your 8900?
If you have a recent version of OS 5, you can segregate message out of the Messages box by going into the 'Inbox Settings' in your Message Options.
This feature isn't in all versions of OS 5.

Upgraded to OS 5, and configured this, worked a treat - thanks very much!

Next problem - I'm still getting a new message icon, when mail arrives in one of my Gmail label folders .... I then need to go into Messages, Folder select Gmail Inbox and mark the message as read.

Overall, better than before, but just a bit irritating. Any suggestions?