PDA

View Full Version : Advice on I-tunes for my BB Bold 9780?

Reikisue
01-28-2011, 06:16 PM
Hi

I have a newish BB bold 9780 and have a few cd's on it stored on the micro sd card.

Now i have never downloaded any tunes from anywhere but now fancy getting a few odd tracks onto my mobile.

So a) Is i-tunes the best place to go for downloading occasional tracks as and when i want to? what are other options for sources of music and are they recommended? (don't want any weekly/monthly subscription websites just want to pay for what i download occasionally)

2) when i do find the tunes i want, do i just put them from i-tunes onto my windows 7 pc and then sync them/transfer them to my mobiles sd card

Any advice or instructions would be good here!

Cheers
Reiki Sue x

somerandomguy
01-28-2011, 09:38 PM
a) Is i-tunes the best place to go for downloading occasional tracks as and when i want to? what are other options for sources of music and are they recommended? (don't want any weekly/monthly subscription websites just want to pay for what i download occasionally)

I really dont like itunes, it is terrible software, especially on a windows machine. While i-tunes is *now* DRM free, it didnt always used to be that way. There are TONS of alternatives like e-music and the Amazon MP3 store (i use them weekly, amazon also has TONS of free $4 credit deals and the like!)

My vote is for amazon, because their download client will work with *any* media management application, and will work on ALL os's. Linux included.

2) when i do find the tunes i want, do i just put them from i-tunes onto my windows 7 pc and then sync them/transfer them to my mobiles sd card

Any advice or instructions would be good here!

all you have to do is find where the files are located (where they have been downloaded to) and then copy them to the SD card.

Lastly, i can give you *one more* reason for choosing amazon over the other stores: There is, in testing at this time, an amazon mp3 store client for the blackberry. It works well, and downloads the files *directly* to the BB and imports them to the media library.