PDA

View Full Version : Extend recording time in voice notes recorder

MarkMac60
02-09-2011, 08:14 PM
Hi,

Is there any way to extend the amount of recording time when using the voice notes recorder in the Media folder. It currently stops recording after 90 seconds. A previous blackberry I had would allow you to record for at least 10 minutes. Can the recording time be adjusted on the Blackberry Curve 8530?

Thanks

tsac
02-09-2011, 09:09 PM
This may help and Welcome to the Forums.

Voice note recording using a media card

Voice notes that are recorded to a media card are limited to a maximum of 60 minutes. Upon reaching 60 minutes, the the Voice Notes application saves the file and automatically starts recording another voice note.

Voice note recording using on-board device memory

Voice notes that are recorded to a BlackBerry smartphone with on-board memory are limited to a maximum of 5 minutes. Voice notes that are recorded to a BlackBerry smartphone without on-board memory are limited to a maximum of 90 seconds. Upon reaching the maximum time limit for recording, the Voice Notes application stops recording and does not start recording a new voice note.

If the BlackBerry smartphone is security locked while recording a voice note, the recording pauses and then is resumed when the BlackBerry smartphone is unlocked

MarkMac60
02-10-2011, 09:59 PM
Thanks for the help. My BB doesn't have a memory card. I'll have to pick one up.

Max Peck
02-16-2011, 11:14 PM
I was just looking for the voice recorder. Great. Another feature built-in.

Question: I did not see a setting that enables me to direct where the voice recordings get stored. (9650 Bold). The phone has a 2GB card in it, will it automatically use it if present?

-Max

runester
02-18-2011, 05:53 PM
I like that feature ... and I also use Evernote for BB which allows me to sync the voice memo with my Evernote account and have it waiting for me when I get to my PC. Also nice for photo reminders, text notes, etc.

My favorite BB / Evernote use? Remembering where I parked my car in the airport lot before a trip! Feels good to come back seven days later and have an exact photo of where I put the darn thing. :)