PDA

View Full Version : Uncaught exception: java.lang.NullPointerException

Annabelle
02-21-2011, 04:53 PM
Help! I just upgraded from a BlackBerry Curve 8300 to a 9300. Everything is working fine except for when I download the App for AOL and I get this message Uncaught exception: java.lang.NullPointerException

Any easy to follow ways to solve this problem. This IS NOT my area of expertise

Thanks!

rambo47
02-23-2011, 11:19 AM
This is a very difficult error to track down. You would be best served by adding your AOL email account to your BB through your BIS page at AT&T. I had an old BB 8800 that gave me this error when I added groups to my address book. If you've narrowed it down to just the new app you downloaded you are lucky.

Not to sound snarky, but the only solution is not to use that app. If you update the operating system to the latest version available for your model the app might work then.

Dubdub
02-23-2011, 12:42 PM
As Rambo said, this is a difficult error to track down. It is generally the result of an incompatible app or corrupt file.

One possible solution is to do a battery pull and see if that will clear it.

Another would be to us Google to search on "Uncaught exception: java.lang.NullPointerException". I got lots of hits.

Annabelle
02-26-2011, 07:08 PM
Thanks for your help..I'm pretty sure I have the most up to date operating system but will double check. I did the battery pull and delete re-download and neither worked. I also did a google search, but will do so again. Most of the discussions are over my head. This app isn't that important so I'll probably just do without it. Thanks again!