PDA

View Full Version : Bug Alert? - Alarm sounds at incorrect time

apb
01-23-2006, 04:02 PM
This morning I believe that I discovered a peculiar bug with my 7130e after the alarm failed to go off at 5:45, which is the time I had set it for last night; instead, the alarm went off at 7:45, which is the time I had set the alarm for on the day prior. I (and my wife) verified that the alarm had been set to 5:45AM. I then verified all of the time settings to make sure that it didn't think that I was in a different timezone, and that checked out too.

Has anyone else had this type of a problem occur? It is very inconvenient for the alarm to 'decide' not to sound at its set time. Just glad I didn't have any important meetings this morning...

martin_j001
01-23-2006, 05:59 PM
Haven't seen that myself. Try a hard reset (pull out the battery while the bb is on) and then set your alarm for a time and see if it goes off at the right time (obviously testing this before bed is a good idea ;) ). Sounds like a software glitch, and the hard reset may straighten it out.... Good luck.

ldeanbruce
05-22-2006, 10:48 PM
My 7130e just started having the same problem. I had it set for 5am, but it failed to alert; no sound, nothing. After my shower and off to work, I kept trying to see if it would work at other times during the day, but it never did.
However, I did not 2 hours (as in your case) to see if it would alarm.
I tried the battery removal process, but that didn't help.
I'll set it for 3am, and hope it will alert me @<hidden> 5am. If that doesn't do it; it's back to Verizon for a replacement

ten100switch
05-23-2006, 09:56 PM
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry7130e/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

The times that has happened to me is because I set the alarm on the blackberry to the time I wanted to wake up but didn't remember to hit "save" maybe that could have happened?