PDA

View Full Version : blackberry data plan

katyliz
03-06-2011, 07:17 AM
hi im kat and im new :) am sure this question has been asked a million times but ive been searching an i cant find anything that answers me specifically, so i have a blackberry, pay as you go on orange an i would like a data plan for emails and google maps bbm an stuff as i said on another site i am about as good as readin maps as a penguin is solving a Rubiks cube. so i know you can get a data plan on pay as you go, they just take £5 out you balance each month i think, problem is i cant afford credit every month only sometimes, do you reckon that would be a problem? like would i get my wrists slapped for not bein able to afford it? or would it only be a problem if i was on contract? and also would i still get my dolphin rewards? coz i like my 300 free texts x)

thanks in advance

Calebrity
03-06-2011, 07:28 AM
Welcome to forums, not to sure how it works on orange, but if you are on pay-as-u-go then if you put data on month at a time and skip a month it shouldn't matter. It will only effect you if you are on a contract
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile

katyliz
03-06-2011, 07:31 AM
thanks for your reply! was gettin a bit worried noone would reply then haha ^^

Calebrity
03-06-2011, 07:35 AM
Sorry I am slower typing on my torch then on the computer or my bold, but the is a great community forums to get answers, may take a few hours to get an answer sometime, but we will get to it, so stick around answer some questions and feel free to ask some more
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile

MidnightDraven
03-06-2011, 07:49 AM
You have to call Orange to ask them for Blackberry services.
They will then provision your SIM for it.
They will then take £5 every month for it.
If you don't have credit, it can't take £5, and you will lose access for that month.
The next time you top up, it will take £5 and you will have access again.

katyliz
03-06-2011, 08:07 AM
ooh cool thank you another question do i actually have to talk to anyone, i know it sounds stupid but i always feel very uncomfortable haha shoulda seen me tryin to get car insurance, awkward! lol xD

MidnightDraven
03-06-2011, 08:16 AM
Same here, but yes. You have to call Orange to get them to provision the SIM for blakcberry services.

katyliz
03-06-2011, 08:38 AM
damn -.- haha aw well thanks so much for you help x)

PoddyMcQ
03-14-2011, 12:16 PM
I don't think you have to call them, you should just be able to pop the sim into the phone, the sim recognises its a BB then tries to enable this, if it can't (may need to have a 3g sim) then you will receive a text saying so, and how to go about enabling BB Services.

Usualy done by sending a text to a number with a code on it like 'ACTIVATE' to a 5 digit number. or something like that.